Rokslide Flag/Penant

colonel00

WKR
Just curious if there is anything like this. For instance, I'd love to fly the "colors" every time I set up camp somewhere so random people that may be in the same area know that we have a forum in common.

Basically, I'm thinking of two things. One is a simple thing you can attach to your shelter. The other is a symbol of a rally point like a flag or something.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would also be good advertisement...except it also advertises that whomever camps there also likely has a lot of expensive gear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Would also be good advertisement...except it also advertises that whomever camps there also likely has a lot of expensive gear.

Perhaps. But my thinking is if someone knows what Rokslide is or knows its logo, they've already recognized your shelter for what it is (even a fancy custom one :) ).

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps. But my thinking is if someone knows what Rokslide is or knows its logo, they've already recognized your shelter for what it is (even a fancy custom one :) ).

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I'd fly one anyway though, because as you said if they know what rs is about they also know we are pretty adept at killing stuff and are more than likely armed. It might work like one of those security system signs.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Yeah, I was looking for a picture but I must have not taken one. Anyway, when we were camped in Valdez, AK just at this RV park with a big open area for camping, there was a tour bus full of people with 30 tents at least. Most were run of the mill 1-2 person tents but in the middle was an HMG cuben tipi. Most folks probably took no notice but I knew what it was so I went straight there and stole all their crap :D Seriously though, it is a concern but I'd be more concerned with someone recognizing my SO or Kifaru shelters than seeing a small flag or banner.

And, I'm only thinking about something small(ish) like the size of those flags people put on their windows for sporting events.

Another thought would be to make something that could serve multiple purposes like a shemagh or bandana.

mt100gr.

WKR
They should be numbered, or unique in some way - and then "captured"

Just when you think you are hardcore and no one else hunts as deep, your flag is gone and a pic of it is posted for ransom. flags could also serve as currency for packout help, etc...

Seriously though, I wouldn't draw attention to my camp. If I see other hunters I always greet them and discuss what needs to be discussed but hunting time is "unplug" time for me. Not "homies on the internet" bro time.

todde1792

FNG
Colonel is on to something for sure, I think something along those lines would be pretty sweet

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
another way to do the same thing would be a 'mark'

like on the curb during depression times.

a coded mix of surveyors tape or colors could be tied to the front or in front. such as a blaze ribbon and a purple striped ribbon with it.
or ever just 3 orange ribbons. who hangs 3 ribbons?

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
That would be cool to stick out the window for road trips. I'd guess I'd pass a couple sliders going from Texas to Idaho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They should be numbered, or unique in some way - and then "captured"

Just when you think you are hardcore and no one else hunts as deep, your flag is gone and a pic of it is posted for ransom. flags could also serve as currency for packout help, etc...

I like where you're going here mt100gr. I think Snyder gets a gold one and whoever comes up with that sucker gets to be king of kifaru for a day. 😁