Spotting Scope

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
As the season gets closer I am starting to think I need a spotting scope. I don't want to drop a ton because I am not really sure I will use it. I was looking at these 2. Anyone have any experience with them? Is there something better? Thanks.

30c7c9db6fd7e5e7a1234a62f085bba0.png

e7b7b1fc2415775d43faf0413645d096.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btplass

Lil-Rokslider
I think if you're considering the vortex diamondback 80mm, I'd look at the viper hd 65mm. Twice the glass quality for just a bit more.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

muddydogs

WKR
I was in the same boat as you, wanted a spotter but won't use it a ton so I went with the Vanguard. Used it last weekend looking at Antelope in WY and I'm happy with it. I have nothing to compare it to but I had no problems checking out bucks at 1.5+ miles. I have a few digiscope photos through the spotter which don't do it justice due to the dang WY wind.

Ethan21

FNG
Anyone have any experience with them? I have the Vortex Diamondback, but I do agree with btplass, if you want to spend that money go with the Viper 65 better yet spend a few hundred more and get the Razor 1st gen which I saw for sale at Sportsmans Warehouse for 700.

Greg Beck

WKR
I have no experience in the field with either but I was interested in the Diamondback for a while till I spent a fair amount of time in Cabelas one afternoon at the optics area with a guy I know who works there looking through various glass. I won't be buying the Diamondback even if they are in my price range! I do use the Diamondback binoculars however.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Muleys32

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Diamondback and have been very pleased with it. Like they say though, always get what you can afford because you will end up spending the extra money anyways. I am sure I will be getting the Viper HD or the Razor HD after looking through them.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
After listening to a podcast where a guy talked about flipping his pack raft and finding all his vortex stuff filled with water and useless for the rest of the trip, I'd probably just save up and get something really nice if you plan on using it for more than range work and hunting in mostly dry areas.

The only thing from vortex I have left is a pair of viper HD 10x42s and while they are nice, I'm hoping to phase them out in a year or so.