New to Rokslide

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys, my name's Tim and I'm pretty new to the site so I thought I'd introduce myself after lurking for a bit. A little bit about myself- Midwesterner (Cincinnati Burbs), long time whitetail bow-hunter, fly fisherman, fly tyer, and soon to be grad school student. I recently took a fly-fishing trip to Montana/Idaho/Wyoming and lost my mind (and all desire to stay in Ohio). So the plan is to get out west after school. Working hard at making this dream a reality, looking hard at Boise right now, but open to suggestions. Just want to hunt without having to lease!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BigDog00

WKR
Welcome! Boise is a great town from my limited experience. It sounds like you love to fish as well as hunt. Don't over look Wyoming. The central part of the state has arguably one of the best trout fisheries in the world (North Platte River) along with multiple lakes that offer great walleye fishing. It also has great hunting opportunities as well. Good luck and I'm sure you won't regret the move.

Rob T

FNG
Help a brother out: What do you want to do for a living? And do you need a social life? Idaho is 62 percent public land and there are a bevy of choices from Salmon to Sandpoint.

CorbLand

WKR
There are no animals in the West anymore and the fishing sucks. Don't come here.:rolleyes:

My brother lives in Boise and loves it...for some strange reason. Lots of job opportunities but there are too many people for me there. Other than that welcome to Rokslide, kick off the shoes and stay awhile.

OP
ChromeKype

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Help a brother out: What do you want to do for a living? And do you need a social life? Idaho is 62 percent public land and there are a bevy of choices from Salmon to Sandpoint.
Right now I'm in operations management at a packaging company but would love to move into a BD role or maybe marketing. I'm pretty flexible if it gets me out there. I'm not sure how much I'll need socially, I would like to have a solid Church within 20 or so miles, and be within an hour of a good fishery. I'm not sure what state has the most opportunity for big game for resident hunters yet as I study the differences. One thing I would like to do in the future though is get a pointing dog and chase birds. So Idaho is looking pretty awesome. My wife loves to hike and run marathons as well. She has recently started bowhunting and finds that far superior to fly fishing. Thanks for all the welcomes guys! This site is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I think Idaho has the best hunting as far as opportunity goes followed by Colorado and Wyoming.

I always thought that Alaska would be the best place for resident hunters. Search for Luke Moffett. I'm pretty sure he calls us living down here, "the lesser 48" for a reason.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk