onX hunt update

I read another post of a guy having issues w/ the app while in the field. I just don't think I can take that chance on a once a year trip "hoping" it works. Think Id have to go with the chip.

Just updated mine. Pretty sweet I must say. 5 states, awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

desertcj

WKR
5 states for the regular subscription, ok. How are you guys saving that many maps for offline use? Are you just getting the low res maps?

nazca

FNG
For those that are getting the premium content without a subscription - they're giving everyone a 7 day trial right now. They sent out an email yesterday.

I really like the upgrade - both the web app and the android app are waaay better.

I have been using OnXmaps for a long time - BUT I *really* wish they would all you to download your tracks & waypoints. That is kind of a big red flag in the trust department for me. If they go belly up, or start to suck, I don't want to lose all of my tracks & waypoints.

nazca

FNG
You can't save tracks and waypoints to your pc from the web map?

Correct. (I just scoured the new web & android apps to confirm, and I don't see anything. I know in the old versions it was not possible).

Its a pretty sketchy move by them. I'm paying for 'elite', so this pisses me off quite a bit. Until they change their policy, I'll mainly my tracks & waypoints elsewhere (garmin & gpx files on my harddrive).

i was selected to test the new version for a week. it was pretty cool and I made sure to go out and use it 3 times in that week it was up before I had to submit feedback. I also have the elite version. I made a lot of waypoints and saved maps in my 7 days and iim hoping now that its up and running I will still be able to access those lol. have any of you taken a photo through the app for a way point like the old version? the test version I got did not have this option and I sent feedback about that but was told the final version will have it. it was one of my favorite features besides what its basic intention was for

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
SO am I seeing this right? You have to go elite to see private land parcels now?

Savage99

WKR
SO am I seeing this right? You have to go elite to see private land parcels now?

I took that to mean, if you have a "regular" single state membership they've opened up other states for you on a trial elite member ship, but you can't save those. Oh, I also just got off at 2:00 mtn time, so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm all my own markups automatically transferred with the new app (can see them on the web app as well). Do have to redownload the offline maps but the interface is loads better. I had a chance to beta test this about a month ago and am pretty excited. Nice job OnX!

KurtR

WKR
All my stuff transferred and i love how fast it is running now and also how the off line maps down load

2much2loud

Lil-Rokslider
I miss the topo and trails layer... you have to pay for it now

OP
rileybassman
I miss the topo and trails layer... you have to pay for it now

Not sure what you mean about the topo part...there is the topo basemap and the hybrid basemap which is sat with topo lines... trails were cool

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2much2loud

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what you mean about the topo part...there is the topo basemap and the hybrid basemap which is sat with topo lines... trails were cool

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was a single layer that was a topo map with popular hiking trails within... if anybody knows how to see them or I am missing something please let me know

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
It was a single layer that was a topo map with popular hiking trails within... if anybody knows how to see them or I am missing something please let me know

If you click on map layers then nationwide layers then trails and rec. Is it not there, there are a few trail layers in there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2much2loud

Lil-Rokslider
I did see that, but it is not free like it was in the past I would like to see everything that is available before buying. I am not a new user so I don't think I can get the trial anymore

Agustus

FNG
I don't see the ability of getting any more states than the one I purchased for my iPhone device.

I can "buy" additional states but don't have the option of getting anymore states than the elite I have.

Hoping the 7 day trial of other states is in fact true and maybe just delayed?