onX hunt update

texag10

WKR
Just logged in after seeing this thread. Holy. Shit. I love this. Maybe I missed it before, but the transparency setting solves my biggest gripe with their layers, and the roadless areas layer is a new feature that about brought a tear to my eye. Hot damn.

I would caution anyone who has spent time and money to scout an area to wait on upgrading until they get the bugs worked out. I know I am one of the unlucky ones who has lost random way points and tracks including 2 separate weekend scouting trips (one in May and one last weekend) with countless way points and over 12 miles of tracks.
This data was gathered with boots on the ground, taking time off work, investing in gas, food lodging, and sweat equity. Getting close to crunch time and having put in the time to gather intel by scouting an area twice I am a little bit concerned all the investment will be lost. All because of an upgrade? The interface is more intuitive and the graphics are better but the data gathered was priceless and now it is gone. I called and they are looking into it but pretty much said ya some guys lost all of their data. So do what you will on upgrading but do it knowing elk season is right around the corner and you could loose all of your hard won intel and be left with a new pretty toy without the info you really need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
On my way points i dont want to loose i write down the coordinates so if i would loose my phone or some thing happens i can find them either with a back up gps or a new phone after it fell down the hole ice fishing

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys read below, this is the update given to us Pro-Staffers to help you all out:

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Wanted to give an update on some things going on with the update. Overall it has been a tremendous success. Less than 2% of customers have had a problem. Due to the large volume of customers you may be in this group though. Here are some things that are going on right now. We are also releasing updates to Android and iOS to fix as much as we could get in. Look for those today 8/2 and make sure you have version 4.0.1[/FONT]

1. If your content didn’t come over such as waypoints or tracks we should still have it in our system and can restore it for you. Just give us a call/email. [email protected]
  2. If you are having trouble logging in about 5% of customers passwords did not carry over. Please reset your password to get an email. If you don’t see the email check your spam/Trash folder. Go to www.onxmaps.com/web to reset password
  3. If you had 2 premium state memberships you are now upgraded to Elite access in the new system. We only have 1 and 50 state memberships. You are grandfathered in at your past purchase prices for Elite.
  4. If you are having trouble saving a map, we are having trouble with Google shutting down our servers with the spike in usage. They think it is an attack by bots and not our real users. We have addressed a couple things we can control to make it more stable over the night. Waiting on Google to address the problem as well today.
  5. If your layers are telling you to purchase and it says you have a premium/elite membership do these steps:
    1. Open the Hunt App
    2. Tap on Map Layers
    3. Scroll down and tap Manage States
    4. Disable your State
    5. Select your State
    6. Click the x in the top left corner
    7. Tap Map Layers
    8. Swipe down on the layers menu to refresh your layers
    9. Turn on the layers you wish to view
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

If you had a Membership and it is saying you have a Basic Membership now, please contact our Customer service they can Re-Add access for you. [email protected]

wapitibob

WKR
On my way points i dont want to loose i write down the coordinates so if i would loose my phone or some thing happens i can find them either with a back up gps or a new phone after it fell down the hole ice fishing

No GPX export option is a deal killer for me. No way on Earth I'd use an app that wouldn't let me backup my data.

KurtR

WKR
No GPX export option is a deal killer for me. No way on Earth I'd use an app that wouldn't let me backup my data.

screen shot saved to my google account is another thing i do so it is in the cloud. I dont even know what gpx export means so it shows how simple the onx is to use if i can figure it out

desertcj

WKR
Well, there was a small update and I am now able to download maps! It's a good thing because I was looking at other apps...

aron

WKR
Its too bad that the app can't sync with the computer and store/transfer waypoints and trails from other programs.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys relax it's coming. This has been many many months in the works. They are working on the import right now, and the export is coming.

wapitibob

WKR
I'll try it once the import/export is working., nice to see it's in the works. I add a chit ton of stuff to my scouting programs.

manitou1

WKR
Well schitt, I updated mine, which WAS good until Mar 2018 and I lost my subscription. I have no landownership layers now and it says I need to subscribe to get it. WTH?

manitou1

WKR
Still not working for me Les Welch.
Tried the fix since I lost my private ownership layers... nuthin.
Hope it doesn't do this to my chip too. Got a hunt in WY coming up.

Davebuech

WKR
Guys read below, this is the update given to us Pro-Staffers to help you all out:

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Wanted to give an update on some things going on with the update. Overall it has been a tremendous success. Less than 2% of customers have had a problem. Due to the large volume of customers you may be in this group though. Here are some things that are going on right now. We are also releasing updates to Android and iOS to fix as much as we could get in. Look for those today 8/2 and make sure you have version 4.0.1[/FONT]

[*]If you are having trouble logging in about 5% of customers passwords did not carry over. Please reset your password to get an email. If you don’t see the email check your spam/Trash folder. Go to www.onxmaps.com/web to reset password

I am one of the 5%. In spite of them saying they sent a mail on how to reset the password, I didnt get it. I checked spam, junk folder and nothing. I have been waiting 3 days to get my password changed so I can log in. Sent several emails and all I get is a reply saying they sent me a separate mail with instructions to reset password(that I don't get), They stopped replying altogether today.

Why did I update?

whaack

WKR
I lost a bunch of waypoints I've spent a year scouting for my first elk trip in September. Hoping they can restore them.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I am an Elite member and now my account and filters says Basic member and I have to buy layers.

I will call today, but I am not happy.

emac01

FNG
So i renewed my premium membership after the update. Do you not get landownership with the premium subscription anymore?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

emac01

FNG
So i renewed my premium membership after the update. Do you not get landownership with the premium subscription anymore?

Disregard this i just looked again and private land parcels and ownership have now showed up

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
As of late yesterday there are new IOS and Android updates. They are still upgrading and making changes. If you think you have lost information call them, if you have problems call them. This is a big fix with a lot of nice options, of course there will be a few issues in the front. There is a lot of work going into it.