onX hunt update

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone able to get the private land layer to work in offline mode? I've tried everything I can think of, and I still lose the landowner name and boundary when I click "go offline"

Is anyone able to get the private land layer to work in offline mode? I've tried everything I can think of, and I still lose the landowner name and boundary when I click "go offline"

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I do like many of the new features, though. Feels like a simpler interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I do like many of the new features, though. Feels like a simpler interface.

I agree, overall the update is nice. I have to have the public/private boundaries. I'm sure they'll fix it, hopefully quick, and hopefully without requiring us to download all the maps once again.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are missing data yet, try this:

have them sign out/in to their App, then go to "My Content" and swipe down to refresh.

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
So it seems like most of the issues are with the update transfer? I have been waiting to sign up until after this. Seems like I won't have any major issues being new?

Thanks,
Boswell

curious about this myself. i was waiting to join until after the new update.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

Something I noticed and worked through; I had a TON of offline maps downloaded prior the update. After the update I noticed I was running out of storage space, to the point I could not re-download most of the offline maps I had previously.

As an experiment I completely uninstalled the app, which took FOREVER. After the app was uninstalled I had regained 5+GB of space. I re-installed the app and now have plenty of space to re-download my offline content.

This is just a heads up for anyone else that might have an issue running out of storage space on their device.

vanish

WKR
As an experiment I completely uninstalled the app, which took FOREVER. After the app was uninstalled I had regained 5+GB of space. I re-installed the app and now have plenty of space to re-download my offline content..

That's concerning. Could the old maps still be on the device, just unusable and inaccessible?

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
That's concerning. Could the old maps still be on the device, just unusable and inaccessible?

Thats exactly what I'm assuming happened, that the old data was still on the device, and hence the reason I tried the uninstall to get the space back.

All of my tracks and way-points came back fine too, although I didn't have anything super critical that I would have missed if it was lost.

manbugle

FNG
I see you can add waypoints but am I missing something where I can do a "go to" and have a needle or compass pointing me to the waypoint and the distance from said waypoint?

manbugle

FNG
Also, no way to manually enter a waypoint or edit anything other than the name or icon.
What if a buddy gives me a waypoint of a wallow and I want to enter it.
I see you can add waypoints but am I missing something where I can do a "go to" and have a needle or compass pointing me to the waypoint and the distance from said waypoint?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, no way to manually enter a waypoint or edit anything other than the name or icon.
What if a buddy gives me a waypoint of a wallow and I want to enter it.
You can use the search and use coordinates to find that spot on the map. Than mark with a way point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use the my content button to search your way points.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

manbugle

FNG
That works but it would be better IMO if you could manually enter a waypoint, plus no way to see how far you are from it, or really a way to navigate to it other that looking at the map and seeing your relationship to it visually.
Most other mapping apps have this feature. I have asked their support for this several times for a couple of years.

manbugle

FNG
On my Android, I cannot seem to find a way to close the app either without going to all my open apps and closing it from there.

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
So I took the plunge and signed up for 1 state. Went to my unit lived what it showed and did. Decided to start saving some maps for offline use. I have huge amounts of memory so saved the biggest file size. Save 4 and decided let me try it in offline mode to test it. Now the layers don't show up in offline mode? I can't see trail slope, mileage, wilderness etc. is this correct? Turn offline off and back to normal. Did I save them wrong? Should they have all been on when I saved them?

vanish

WKR
Should they have all been on when I saved them?

Yeah - turn on any layers you want available offline before saving for offline. When you save for offline, it only saves what you have active to save space. Then, once you're offline, any layers you had saved you can turn off/on as normal.

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah - turn on any layers you want available offline before saving for offline. When you save for offline, it only saves what you have active to save space. Then, once you're offline, any layers you had saved you can turn off/on as normal.

so do i need to delete them all and start over? or is there a way to update the current ones in online mode?

i feel like i should turn on every single layer and then save. that way i can have access to all of them if i want. i have 90 GB on my phone available so it wont matter to me how big a file they are

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
so do i need to delete them all and start over? or is there a way to update the current ones in online mode?

i feel like i should turn on every single layer and then save. that way i can have access to all of them if i want. i have 90 GB on my phone available so it wont matter to me how big a file they are

Anyone?

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
I deleted everything and am in the process of re-saving everything. Looks like it's working as I now have private land and the couple other layers I have active.