Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...er, I mean podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at the Boone and Crocket or Pope and Young record books and see how many records were taken long before all these "aids" were available, somehow past hunters were able to be successful,why is that?

The cynic in me would say that they had fewer hunters to contend with and many of those records came after extended wars so for years there were fewer hunters in the field. That aside I feel the real reason is most likely those boys grew up spending more time outdoors and were far more patient.

The podcast that Aron and Brian do on gear or archery I still like. I couldnt believe the technology one tho. Good god lol

Beendare

WKR
Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...

Rant over.

Maybe you should layoff the Mtn Opps supplements for awhile bro... its making you grumpy- grin

Edit; Infomercials everywhere......so you don't aspire to be part of a "Prostaff" shilling for a company? Heck, on the internet forums there are guys that will sell their souls for a couple paks of Broadheads.

IMO, its all about tuning out the shilling.......though there isn't much left in some cases.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
You can only talk about so many things, the podcast world is destined to find filler. I haven't listened to the podcast in a long time though as I got bored with it. For me a podcast is like a forum without all the members input which after awhile gets boring but I never got into any podcasts really.

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the original poster and freebird. There is only so much of this is the best and I am better than you that I can handle. I'm sure that the gritty bowmen (some of them anyhow) have forgot more about elk hunting than I know but I had to tune out several months ago too. Just my opinion so don't hate.

IdahoElk

WKR
The cynic in me would say that they had fewer hunters to contend with and many of those records came after extended wars so for years there were fewer hunters in the field. That aside I feel the real reason is most likely those boys grew up spending more time outdoors and were far more patient.

Exactly,not everything in life should be a shortcut to instant success,patience is a big part of hunting.I tend to agree about your fewer hunter comment but our Elk herds are at record levels now.

Maybe you mean competent?

ljalberta

WKR
I quite enjoy hearing Brian's views and enjoy the podcasts. I don't listen to them all, but that goes for Steve Rinella/Randy Newberg/Jay Scott/etc as well.

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
I personally have only watched a handful of the gritty bowman episodes. They have always seemed well balanced to me. It seems to me we need to focus on what guys like Brian, and Aaron are doing for the good of the industry rather than tearing them down for paying the bills. If a few more guys with jacked physiques, and flat billed hats are running around the woods that's ok with me. We at this point need all the voices we can get to preserve the outdoor traditions we all value so much.

OP
H

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
It doesn't. The effective range for bluetooth is roughly 30 feet. Can read up more on it here.

The owner of the company said 100 yds IIRC. Even if it is only 30 feet, that tech will continue to evolve. What if 20 years from now the range is 300 yds. Would it still be ok then?

1signguy

WKR
Haven't seen the podcast but my thoughts-

I don't get why anyone complains about a podcast. If you don't like it just don't watch... or complain about the product. Don't pick on a guy for making a living.

I watched a video Brian did when his wife got sick- I enjoyed the podcast before but that really spoke to me. Brian is a really solid guy. Does that mean I would buy everything he suggests? No. But the world needs a lot more Brian's. He's a good man- a dad and a husband.

Based on that his thoughts carry weight with me. Would I buy blindly? No. But I look at a lot of what the Gritty Team uses.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Some guys would bitch about nickel night at the whore house! Like Rokslide, its a FREE product. When I am offered something thats FREE and I don't like it, I don't use it. But I sure don't bitch about it.

Damn, I need to go hunting.

I get a little irritated with so much technology sometimes but we need to remember that a lot of the younger crowd likes it and grew up with tech. I enjoyed the podcast and actually am considering getting the nock. I believe it is a fair and right thing to do when we put an arrow into an animal. We need to make sure we find the arrow and can, to our best abilities, determine the shot placement. I shot a pig in Oklahoma and my shot was too far back, non lethal. How did I know, I found the arrow. This may not help in every case but it will help.

OP
H

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Some guys would bitch about nickel night at the whore house! Like Rokslide, its a FREE product. When I am offered something thats FREE and I don't like it, I don't use it. But I sure don't bitch about it.

Damn, I need to go hunting.

I'm not bitching about the GB podcast. I love the podcast and have bought a metric ton of gear they have recommended...I'm bitching about the product he endorsed today.

I've learned a ton from the podcast but have slowly found myself drifting away from it. The pushing of certain products has taken away from some of the original unbiased feedback they provided.

The issue has spread throughout a large swath of the western hunting community. Every time you see a post on IG or a podcast it's someone giving away a promo code or endorsing their new greatest product. Everybody needs to earn a buck (no pun intended) so I don't fault them for it...just rubs me the wrong way when it's overboard.

In terms of this podcast, I haven't listened to the episode because I steer away from the infomercials but the nock technology does sound interesting. Not sure it's useful to find a deer/elk but it would be nice to find my arrows...especially during turkey season when I'm flinging arrows all over.

I wish the GB crew nothing but success and look forward to more episodes talking about elk hunting strategy and hunt stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.