Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...er, I mean podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked a lot of the early podcasts and I don't know if it's because it has become more business lately or because I currently don't have the time now, I'm out scouting checking cameras building blinds

I saw the podcast didn't bother me but it didn't sell me either.

I quickly switched from the podcast to reviewing pics of the huge bull that was 10 minutes in front of me when I check my camera and built my latest ground line

Maybe some folks need to get off the computer and out in the woods more. Seems we are nicer when we are loving what we do out there?

I'm pretty sure the conservation side will see a rise or a decline in species population and limit or open up based on studies however inaccurate they might be LOL

The states will regulate as needed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
During the podcast they said 100 yards...no idea if that is realistic or not.

I think it will be used for tracking hit deer. Which will lead to people shooting low poundage with a huge mechanical bh in order to purposely not get a pass-through so they can track an animal with their smartphone.

OR, it will encourage people to take shots they shouldn't because they can use this crutch to make up for their poor shot selection.
This is a ridiculous strawman. What a great idea. "I'm gonna shoot a slow bow and a giant broadhead just so I can track my deer with Bluetooth!" I hate gimmicks and sponsor whores as much as anyone, but that's an absurd theory. The product is for arrow recovery. I fail to see what that has to do with taking long shots. No way Bluetooth is going to pick up a gut shot elk busting butt down the canyon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't listened to their podcast in a while, it tanked, should be called Gritty Fitness not bowmen. So I had to look this one up and listen to it, because of this thread. The product seemed ok, but they lost me when they tried to compare being against their product to being anti gun. More reason to stay away from both products, if it wasn't for Aron gritty bowmen would have already went away.

Thanks,
Boswell

Some guys would bitch about nickel night at the whore house! Like Rokslide, its a FREE product. When I am offered something thats FREE and I don't like it, I don't use it. But I sure don't bitch about it.

Damn, I need to go hunting.

Nickel night at the whore house i will use this in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woods89

WKR
Man the time grown ass men have to argue about dumb shit is crazy. Listen to the GB or don't. Your choice.

I don't!

About a year ago I lost interest with the direction it was headed. Haven't listened to one in a long time.

I don't really cut them any slack over "having to make a living.'' I am a firm believer in never monetizing a hobby you enjoy. Too many times it doesn't turn out anything like they intended. I'd rather work my construction job, hunt in my off time, and make my own decisions.

Just my two cents..........

I'm almost positive Brian and Aron have read this thread and have learned some things. I never want to see anyone fail. He took a risk and doing podcasts full time and I commend that. Takes balls to leave a guaranteed job. No matter what profession someone is in they ALWAYS have slow times and hiccups. I know the podcast will bounce back from such a negative topic. I mean it's not like he committed treason or killed anyone. I can't imagine how tough it is to come up with new content and all the editing involved behind the scenes while taking care of a family. Gritty Bowman has my support and I think we all should feel the same way. Good day

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
I'm almost positive Brian and Aron have read this thread....

If this be the case...as mentioned earlier...more Scotsman!! There is just something hilarious about that dude...don't care if he knows squat about hunting elk or trophy mulies...or doesn't work out or doesn't use mtn ops..he's entertaining as heck!!!

The direction of the show will be dictated by the amount of listeners. If people quit listening/following, then the sponsors will drop and the content will change to attract more people. Simple economics.

I for one have only listened to a few podcasts. Never really liked it. It wasn't the content, it's just talk radio. I also don't like "live hunts", facebook, twitter, instagram or myspace either. I guess I'm stuck in the dark ages.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never mind
bc66cdc8b65a389fb0c61baf5af27e5a.gif

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

atcflick

FNG
As a podcaster you want to be 100 percent honest on who you are and what are your views. I would much rather share a view that is controversial than be a damn puppet because I don't want to offend anyone. So yeah I might not agree with brians views on the bluetooth thing, but I really like that he is putting himself out there and sharing his opinion.

Dang.

Once again, I thought this was hashed out in the great gritty bowman Sitka thread of '17. As a refresher, it was agreed:

- gritty bowman can no longer pimp stuff
- Vikings needs more hot chicks
- SNO balls are demon food
- Skinny jeans are a no go
- Man buns are for samurais only

I consider podcasts to be akin to talk radio and I don't listen to them. That's after trying to pay attention a couple times and finding them rather valueless to me. It's probably a function of my age, experience and distaste for hearing people ramble their thoughts while trying to be entertaining. I'm guessing a higher percentage of Gen X, Y and Millennials tune to podcasts vs Boomers like myself.

As far as technology goes....tomorrow's tech and uses for it are built on the backs of what we allow today. A silly Bluetooth nock shot through my longbow today is worth a couple giggles. Okay...until I launch a video-equipped Phantom with Bluetooth to go grid search (via programming) the area my hit critter ran into and died. Tomorrow. We all need to decide how far we're willing to go with electronic technology in hunting and understand where it's taking the 'sport'....if it's truly a sport by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.