Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...er, I mean podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateinia

Lil-Rokslider
i went and listened to the podcast after reading the first few pages. I really didn't think of it as much of a sales pitch as a topic they were discussing and oh by the way one of the "experts" has this product that falls into that category. The bluetooth to gun control part was a bit of a stretch but I understand with some people / politics you give them an inch and they take a mile.
The only thing I really don't care for on the GB podcast is when the mountain ops guys are the "experts" for anything besides nutrition/ supplements. I understand they are a big sponsor and they are all about getting their product out but I feel they are guests on the show too often and I don't put as much stock into what they say vs people that are really invested into the subject matter.

KurtR

WKR
If every one agreed on every thing it would be a pretty boring world. I agree with Brain on alot of stuff some i dont but I dont loose sleep over it. I dont agree with my friends in person some time we say our piece and have a beer and move on

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
I pretty much quit listening to GB a long time ago. This podcast was the first I listened to in quite a while, and I only listened because of this thread. I actually thought it was a fairly interesting discussion on ethics. I think they made some good points. I still don't think I'm on board with the technology, as I'm kind of a curmudgeon and am resistant to the creep of electronics into hunting anyway, but they made some compelling arguments.

Beendare

WKR
Is there anyone here that works for free?

Anything media is either pay subscription....or sponsored....they have to pay the bills. There is plenty of good info and entertainment value in the Gritty podcasts...of course they have to sneak in some advertising.

Had a long conversation with Aron about the Podcast and it's future sounds to me like Aron will be doing a Kifaru pure podcast here soon with no sponsors kind of thing. He and Brian are still buddies nothing has changed just sounds like Aron has some different aspirations and is going to do do something a little different, Gritty will still continue to grow and succeed at the same time I'm sure. Two great guys just want to do something a little different.

Had a long conversation with Aron about the Podcast and it's future sounds to me like Aron will be doing a Kifaru pure podcast here soon with no sponsors kind of thing. He and Brian are still buddies nothing has changed just sounds like Aron has some different aspirations and is going to do do something a little different, Gritty will still continue to grow and succeed at the same time I'm sure. Two great guys just want to do something a little different.

very predictable......

100 yard doesn't sound like much and in the elk world it isn't, but consider this.

You rig up a barb to pull the nock off in the animal. A deer walks out in N Missouri at 95yds. A young nimrod goes ahead and lets that sucker eat because he can now find said deer in the few strips of trees that are in the area. We'll say he hits low in the brisket, a non lethal shot but now has a way to find said deer at a later time be it hours or maybe even days later.

Buying a nock that costs more than the arrow to find the arrow is welfare math.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think it's a mistake for them to break up a good thing...
I'll still co-host from time to time and we're still going on several hunts together, but doing a podcast that doesn't have sponsors will allow me to speak more freely.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll still co-host from time to time and we're still going on several hunts together, but doing a podcast that doesn't have sponsors will allow me to speak more freely.

I'm excited to follow your new pod cast. Love your no BS approach to everything.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Brianb3

WKR
For the love this things still going? Way to keep it positive. What positive the GB bring to hunting far out ways any negative. Perspective. Way to start a bandwagon of BS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 page thread? I am not a fanboy of anything. Seriously sounds like a bunch of guys need to get out in the woods and off the keyboard. I think podcasts are like radio stations. There is no way to appease the audience 100% of the time. If I don't like it I will change the channel. I will say this. Brian randomly ran into a buddy of mine in Sportsmans Warehouse a few years back. He took the time to make sure he purchases the right gear before his first hunt. Even gave him his personal cell number. I had the same experience with Aron when purchasing a pack. Short story long is they both are passionate about what they do. Does not mean I listen to everything they say but I do respect them.

MT_Wyatt

WKR

That sounds great Aron, looking forward to it - and good to hear you'll still be involved with what Brian has going as well, you two have put a lot of great content together. I was just organizing some things for upcoming trips and watched your short backpacking gear podcast from a little while ago with Brian, very helpful.

It was nice to bump into you up at Big Sky, thanks for taking the time to chat about shooting trad, and what a pain in the ass it is :)

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting discussions happen on the podcast. Doesn't require me to buy what they are selling. Although sometimes the point outs on good gear have led me to some really quality products that I wouldn't have found. Yes I am a gear head, but only if it helps make my hunt better. Not too sure on the bluetooth nocks. Probably 90% of my shots have been pass through. I use lighted nocks where allowed because that blinking light helps you find the arrow so you can analyze the shot. Don't know why some states are so against enhancing recovery. I think that technology can be a great thing when used correctly. Just don't see the bluetooth knock being something I need.

tttoadman

WKR
I am a rifle guy and a happy fat guy, so i skip over most of the podcasts. I train enough to get the job done. I am certain I could be in better shape. I enjoy the entertainment, and Brian is a great host and does a pretty good job of keeping on topic. I can't wait to see Aron try to stay on topic for one hour. This should be good.:)

I pay little attention to their clothing layouts, because layering and clothes is pretty damn basic. I think what people need to realize is when Aron lays out a Sitka layering package on a weekend trip, he is not telling you that is the best jacket in the world. He is telling you that is what he believes is the best Sitka jacket for that use. The Kifaru podcast will likely outline the best use of the parka. It doesn't make a guy a hypocrite to represent the sponsor of a podcast when on their nickel. It is no different than a job. I don't share the same political or social views as my boss, but when I am at a jobsite representing the company, I need to be mindful of who I am representing.

Aron's no BS attitude is what makes him a valuable resource. Yes he represents Kifaru. If he actually thought a different pack manufacturer was the best fit for a person because of "whatever", he would tell you. He knows I am so tight I squeak. He knows he will likely sell me one pack bag in my lifetime. We talked for 2 minutes. He said buy this. I said OK...done...no regrets.

Last edited:

whaack

WKR
I like the podcast most times. There are times when it seems like a commercial. I do what an grown adult should do and flip the channel. Aka, delete that episode they have a lot of good info most times. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

GB is one of my favorite podcast. Butttt that Bluetooth nock one, was the first one I couldn't finish, and I've listened to them all. I wish they'd tell more hunting stories.

HookUp

WKR
$79.95 for 3 nocks or $29.99 For 1 40% pre buy special. I'm not one to complain but that's to damn much!

Status
Not open for further replies.