Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...er, I mean podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke Man

WKR
I like how everyone's argument is, it's free. Just because it's free doesn't mean people can't have a discussion. If the op was praising him would you be saying the same thing? Honestly the show has gone way downhill from the time he was doing it in his basement. I listened to exactly 5 minutes of the latest show, that's all I could handle.
One a side note, I'm pretty excited for Arons show! Unfiltered!

1signguy

WKR
I'll still co-host from time to time and we're still going on several hunts together, but doing a podcast that doesn't have sponsors will allow me to speak more freely.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No doubt the new show will be entertaining- But who is gonna filter the language? :)

Jauwater

WKR
Ahh nice, I think that'd be a smart move for Aron. I'd watch! I'll be looking out.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

OkieGrant

FNG
Well, I didn't care for the dude selling his nock on there so hard, he was pretty annoying. Don't know the dudes name. I don't have a problem with the product itself and if it helps someone find an animal and get it back without spoiling then i'm for it. That said I won't be using it for 40 bucks a nock. No problems with Brian though or his fitness pitches and all that, not sure how that relates to a garbage guest.

These guys were one of the first hunting podcasts I started listening too and I like the way Aron explains stuff. He reminds me of an old friend with his mannerisms so it's like I almost know him in a weird way. I never felt like I was being sold a product by the hosts. Maybe the guests but isn't that what your supposed to do when you have a business selling products? Try to convince everyone that yours is the best and you should buy it?

Last edited:
I'm also looking forward to an explicit, unfiltered version of Aron. I'm only half way thru the podcast of topic on this thread but have no issue with it thus far. Still a GB fan even though I can't catch them all so only listen to the ones of interest.

When someone invents a kill-zone guided arrow system that corrects for a bad shot and guides your arrow to the kill zone then maybe there's a good ethics debate. But I don't see a Bluetooth nock swaying ethical hunters to take riskier shots than they are normally confident with.

I listened to the first 100 or so in the entirety about as fast as they were uploaded. The more the mountain ops guys and similar characters showed up, the less I listened. I haven't finished many since then unless it was about gear with Aaron or actually hunting with Cory. The rest are all filler. The last several I tried got turned off in short order. I like Brian's cadence of speech and get enough entertainment out of the one's I like to keep trying them. Hopefully, he'll have a film or some more palatable podcasts in the near future...

It's like music, you don't have to like everything you've heard from your favorite band. I'm a die-hard Tool fan but I don't really get down with the Aenima album, it just doesn't call to me. Here's to hoping for new tunes in 2018!

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
I listened to the first 100 or so in the entirety about as fast as they were uploaded. The more the mountain ops guys and similar characters showed up, the less I listened. I haven't finished many since then unless it was about gear with Aaron or actually hunting with Cory. The rest are all filler. The last several I tried got turned off in short order. I like Brian's cadence of speech and get enough entertainment out of the one's I like to keep trying them. Hopefully, he'll have a film or some more palatable podcasts in the near future...

It's like music, you don't have to like everything you've heard from your favorite band. I'm a die-hard Tool fan but I don't really get down with the Aenima album, it just doesn't call to me. Here's to hoping for new tunes in 2018!

This pretty sums up what I think of it now as well. I loved all the old ones-good guests, good topics. I guess, like in many fields, you can only talk about something so long before you need filler. And I too have zero interest in the mountain op guys-they just aren't that interesting to listen to. Some of the fitness podcasts have been really good, but some have been downright painful. Several of them I just had to shutoff as I yelled at the guys on the podcast to just shut up as it was just a brag-fest. My brain hurt from boredom. IQ felt like it was dropping by the second, and I just can't afford to loose any more brain cells ;). Anytime someone starts talking about himself for too long, I just shut it off.
Those people don't contribute much to the world. Despite that, I still download select ones that look like they will be interesting, maybe 50% of the ones Brian puts out. I will say, I like Brian's humbleness as he hosts-he doesn't talk like a know-it-all. Aron kind of does, but he can get away with it because he kind of does know it all haha.
All in all, I've learned a lot from the podcast, and appreciate the content that has been produced.

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
I like the gritty podcasts. If you felt that was inaccurate that fine but it felt like this turned into a bash session instead of a discussion of bluetooth nocks. With limited real estate and weight you would be limited to 33ft and most likely 10ft. Siurce: Dispelling Common Bluetooth Misconceptions. It would really only help with pass thru or if you have really poor down game finding skills at short range. If you think that it will open a worm hole to longer range tech that is a discussion worth having.

On the Bluetooth distance note, we have a couple of instruments at work that connect to each other via Bluetooth at outwards of 1000ft. They have a lot more space to devoit to Bluetooth technology than an arrow knock though.

Bluetooth in an arrow knock is a cool idea. Using it as a game recovery tool seems to cross the line of technology for me. I don't like trail cameras. I feel kind of weird about looking at OnX maps on my phone during a hunt. Using my 4G at 12000ft, five miles from the truck felt dirty... But I'm ok with running an e-caller for snow geese... Call me a hypocrite. Haha

I have spoken my piece on the podcast issue earlier.

As far as the tech goes, I am a lot more receptive to a new technology that potentially helps me find an animal that I already shot than tech that does other things like make it easier to find stuff before I shoot it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'll still co-host from time to time and we're still going on several hunts together, but doing a podcast that doesn't have sponsors will allow me to speak more freely.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If you throw packs off cliffs I'll bring you a couple quarts of Tennessee moonshine

rodney482

WKR
Maybe its just me but Aron is no different on the phone than on podcasts. I have never once felt he pushed anything that didnt work or he didnt actually use.

There are not many guys within our industry that will refuse free product. When Aron contacted me about an Athens his first words were "I want to buy it" I was like no.. I would be honored to have the Elk Reaper shooting our bow.

He just laughed and said no I like to buy my gear and not be tied down to a company or be looked at as a paid mouthpiece.

#respect

it's coming! and since we're on the subject of podcasts, check out the last rogan podcast he did with maynard. it gives you a good look into the process they go through when recording.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
If you throw packs off cliffs I'll bring you a couple quarts of Tennessee moonshine

Matt is the Cliff tester, and Aron doesn't drink, but he loves Girl Scout cookies 🤣. However, if moonshine is up for grabs, I would be willing to throw some gear off of a cliff...;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I for one am glad Aron is pulling back from GB. How else will he be able to read all the threads about Kifaru shipping times? And all the other things that everyone on here cares about.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Matt is the Cliff tester, and Aron doesn't drink, but he loves Girl Scout cookies 🤣. However if moonshine is up for grabs I would be willing to throw some gear off of a cliff...;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well then, thin mints it is .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Maybe its just me but Aron is no different on the phone than on podcasts. I have never once felt he pushed anything that didnt work or he didnt actually use.

There are not many guys within our industry that will refuse free product. When Aron contacted me about an Athens his first words were "I want to buy it" I was like no.. I would be honored to have the Elk Reaper shooting our bow.

He just laughed and said no I like to buy my gear and not be tied down to a company or be looked at as a paid mouthpiece.

#respect

Yeah but I doubt he still buys all his gear today and guess what, not a thing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.