Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...er, I mean podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatcamp

WKR
Too funny. As a fairly new big game hunter, and a brand new archery hunter, GB has been a nice resource for learning what a lot of this stuff is about. I especially like that most of the folks involved can engage in a little self-deprecating humor while challenging themselves and functioning at a pretty high level. I dig that.

Listen primarily when I run. Caught the one with Joe Rogan and Cameron Haynes yesterday. Very much enjoyed listening to that conversation. Rogans comments on negative opinions really hit home with me. I have been through a bunch of changes in my life and really push myself to meet new challenges. Have faced some negative shit over it. People are threatened by those they see pushing themselves to meet new heights when they are satisfied with mediocrity.

If more of us pushed a little harder ordinary wouldn't be so mediocre.

CorbLand

WKR
I started listen to podcast because my job allows me to listen to music all day..and that gets old.

I like GB when it first started. I do think it has changed and find myself cherry picking episodes I listen to. Didn't care for the nock one but it wasn't terrible. The llama one that came out was really good and would like to see more like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I don't have a problem with sales pitches depending on how it's presented.

If it’s good gear and you explain why then awesome, np. Random plugs for sponsors is cool, I mean, you gotta make some money. What I hate is when you have dumb asses on hunting channels that shoot something with a Matthews bow and claim the only reason the deer is dead is because it's a Matthews and everything else sucks blah blah blah, well, that’s retarded. I don’t think GB is doing that but I haven’t listened to GB for a while so I won’t judge.

I just stopped listening because I thought the content got boring/stale. I also felt like they got way too trendy/bandwagony with their gear. Seems like all of a sudden Sitka is the newest best shit, although nothing has really changed. All they really did was add a shitty new camo pattern. Still way too expensive for Chinese clothes. I’m already sick of seeing sub-alpine on every single ad banner and hunting commercial.. It’s turning into the new Kuiu.. I'll stick with my mis-matched ASAT..

Show me on the doll where Subalpine hurt you. Good grief man, I love ASAT, one day someone will make it in clothing that fits and doesn't get shredded in one trip through brush and briars (looking at you FL). All of my merino ASAT looks like it's been shot with buckshot, holes everywhere. I'd rather pay more for durability, and besides, your mismatched ASAT most likely came from China as well. Go hunt, you're getting pissy sitting at home.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Next week I'm thinking. Frank and I have been doing several during our wilderness scouting and fishing trips, but we're holding off till our IT guy is back before we release anything.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You prefer thin mints or samoas? Lol

Nuke Man

WKR
The whole "your a hater" bs is really getting out of hand. Every made for tv Hollywood hunter, flat bill wearing, suppliment pushing, helo hunter has hours of "haters" poor me video blogs or whatever the **** they are called on youtube. There's a difference between a hater and someone who thinks your podcast is going downhill. If someone mentions they didn't like your podcast, Hater. If they drop down and drool on every word, your cool. If you put yourself out there for public opinion deal with it.

jm1607

WKR
Show me on the doll where Subalpine hurt you. Good grief man, I love ASAT, one day someone will make it in clothing that fits and doesn't get shredded in one trip through brush and briars (looking at you FL). All of my merino ASAT looks like it's been shot with buckshot, holes everywhere. I'd rather pay more for durability, and besides, your mismatched ASAT most likely came from China as well. Go hunt, you're getting pissy sitting at home.

My ASAT stuff came from China, but none of it cost $300+. Sitka is definitely the most expensive hunting clothes on the planet by far. I can hardly stomach the FL prices, can't image making a Sitka investment.. Maybe if it truly is the best gear, but I don't personally think it is..

It's not even the Subalpine I'm really bitching about, although it's hideous. It's almost as bad as Fusion imo.. It's the trendiness crap. There's a new pattern, I'm buying 100% of it right now and it's the best ever! Doesn't matter if it's FL or Sitka. Every time there's been a new pattern the GB guys are head to toe in whatever it is. I'm VERY surprised Kifaru isn't pumping out Subalpine packs actually.. Maybe the royalties are too high or maybe it's in the works already.. I choose my gear primarily by function and camo is secondary.. I guess the other way around does piss me off

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My ASAT stuff came from China, but none of it cost $300+. Sitka is definitely the most expensive hunting clothes on the planet by far. I can hardly stomach the FL prices, can't image making a Sitka investment.. Maybe if it truly is the best gear, but I don't personally think it is..

It's not even the Subalpine I'm really bitching about, although it's hideous. It's almost as bad as Fusion imo.. It's the trendiness crap. There's a new pattern, I'm buying 100% of it right now and it's the best ever! Doesn't matter if it's FL or Sitka. Every time there's been a new pattern the GB guys are head to toe in whatever it is. I'm VERY surprised Kifaru isn't pumping out Subalpine packs actually.. Maybe the royalties are too high or maybe it's in the works already.. I choose my gear primarily by function and camo is secondary.. I guess the other way around does piss me off
I'm just happy all of you have something to talk about.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

No Kifaru/Sitka packs in the foreseeable future.

sneaky

"DADDY"

You obviously haven't priced out the Altitude line from Kryptek. It makes everything else look like a bargain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The whole "your a hater" bs is really getting out of hand. Every made for tv Hollywood hunter, flat bill wearing, suppliment pushing, helo hunter has hours of "haters" poor me video blogs or whatever the **** they are called on youtube. There's a difference between a hater and someone who thinks your podcast is going downhill. If someone mentions they didn't like your podcast, Hater. If they drop down and drool on every word, your cool. If you put yourself out there for public opinion deal with it.
I agree! We definitely need to hate the haters of the haters.....screw those guys!

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Holy cow this thread went sideways haha. I think new tech is great when it's in the hands of ethical hunters like Brian Call. Its the bonehead minority that will ruin something like that nock for everyone. I don't care for it personally. But I'm not slamming a guy for looking over the next mountain range of technology just because I don't agree. I want to also give a HUGE thanks to Brian and Aron for all the info I took from thier podcasts. I went on my first backcountry hunt and first bear hunt in northern Idaho. I didn't get a bear but I had an amazing time and loved it. There is no way I would of had that awesome hunt without the info they passed on. Thanks Brian and Aron. You saved me thousands on gear by doing the dirty work for me. Keep pumping out the podcasts and can't wait for Aron's. Maybe Aron can get the doll out and we can point at where Brian hurt us.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider

This 100%.
I was gonna say myself that everybody who jumps on board the "hater is gonna hate" bandwagon either can't take criticism or just has very thin skin. It's funny cause lots of guys like to pretend to defend Brian by calling out guys with different opinions as haters-this is pretty typical of our society as a whole (Canada, too). We all know the podcast is free-opinions of the podcast are also freely given! Brian doesn't need a bunch of soft guys calling criticism to his podcast "hate". He took it like a man, and posted a great response-so thanks for that Brian. I will still say that although I don't find the new ones as entertaining/informative as the old ones (generally), I am listening to the one with Chad Mendes right now and it's hilarious. And I thoroughly enjoyed the one a few episodes back where the guy that shot the new montana record was interviewed. Quality stuff.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This 100%.
I was gonna say myself that everybody who jumps on board the "hater is gonna hate" bandwagon either can't take criticism or just has very thin skin. It's funny cause lots of guys like to pretend to defend Brian by calling out guys with different opinions as haters-this is pretty typical of our society as a whole (Canada, too). We all know the podcast is free-opinions of the podcast are also freely given! Brian doesn't need a bunch of soft guys calling criticism to his podcast "hate". He took it like a man, and posted a great response-so thanks for that Brian. I will still say that although I don't find the new ones as entertaining/informative as the old ones (generally), I am listening to the one with Chad Mendes right now and it's hilarious. And I thoroughly enjoyed the one a few episodes back where the guy that shot the new montana record was interviewed. Quality stuff.
I'm speaking for Brian as well as myself here and would agree with the above comment totally. Both of us like the feedback and have thick skin, but when some dick head posts up something stupid, yeah, we're probably going to chalk it up to a hater.

dotman

WKR

I don't know, Kryptek Altitude series is pretty freaking expensive.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On a side note, these are definitely white people problems. You can't deny that we have it pretty good here and as I read through these comments and see people bitching about high-end clothing, low end clothing, camo patterns, podcast topics, complete strangers "selling out" and everything in between... I highly doubt people in Rwanda are complaining about this stuff.

Good luck to everyone this season and I hope you all knock down a giant... In whatever camo, backpack, Optics, walking sticks, boots, socks, sunglasses, underwear, supplements, shelters, sleeping bags, headlamps, bow, arrow, gun, scope, spotting scope, tripod, dehydrated food, freeze-dried food, Top Ramen, battery charger that you prefer!

Did I mention I was starting a podcast next week? Can't wait!

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member

LOL I have my kifaru pack in Fusion and most all my hunting clothes are in subalpine and fusion. I love both patterns. Gotta look good for my hunting selfies 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I agree! We definitely need to hate the haters of the haters.....screw those guys!

Haters gonna hate. 🤣 especially when they don't compete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.