Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...er, I mean podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Bluetooth trackers inside arrows??? I can't believe he thinks his listeners are stupid enough to believe that this will be used for arrow retrieval only. Brian just lost my respect completely.

I really value Aron's insight, and want to keep listening to him and some of the other guests, but I'm not sure I can support a podcast that pushes this crap under the guise that it is something to help you find arrows. So glad guys like Randy Newberg and Steven Rinella are putting out good stuff.

Rant over.

Honest question here. Bluetooth is only good for what 30' tops? What are you thinking it will be used for in addition to finding arrows?

OP
H

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Honest question here. Bluetooth is only good for what 30' tops? What are you thinking it will be used for in addition to finding arrows?

During the podcast they said 100 yards...no idea if that is realistic or not.

I think it will be used for tracking hit deer. Which will lead to people shooting low poundage with a huge mechanical bh in order to purposely not get a pass-through so they can track an animal with their smartphone.

OR, it will encourage people to take shots they shouldn't because they can use this crutch to make up for their poor shot selection.

During the podcast they said 100 yards...no idea if that is realistic or not.

I think it will be used for tracking hit deer. Which will lead to people shooting low poundage with a huge mechanical bh in order to purposely not get a pass-through so they can track an animal with their smartphone.

OR, it will encourage people to take shots they shouldn't because they can use this crutch to make up for their poor shot selection.

Please tell me you are joking... do you really think this is going to dramatically increase the number of unethical hunters? Really? Come on man.

OP
H

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Idk, maybe I'm being too harsh. Just seems like this will be used for the wrong reasons more often than for the right reasons.

OP
H

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Please tell me you are joking... do you really think this is going to dramatically increase the number of unethical hunters? Really? Come on man.

No, the number of unethical hunters will remain the same. But they will now have one more tool in their arsenal to use for unethical purposes. I don't think current ethical hunters will suddenly become unethical because of a new product.

Last edited:

WKR
I really like listening to Aron and have zero problem with how he deals with sponsorships. Unfortunately, you have to deal with a lot of the other crap to hear him talk.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Does one really think those unethical hunters who are barely motivated to even buy tags, if they do at all... will go so far as to buy the product from the podcast?

I think Brian/GB has his heart in the right and he is sincerely bring good shit to the podcast. I feel like Brian had some talking points to address but they were replaced by what became an awful lot of detail on the nock. Can any product be abused? I know for a fact the range finder has been used as a replacement for competence. I think the bluetooth nock has some good recovery uses, much more so than tracking. I would be very suprised if a unit that small had a 100yd range, especially with any drastic elevation change or heavy cover.

Again, going back to the above paragraph, I feel as if the intent of this podcast was much more philosophical, but the execution was weak.

IdahoElk

WKR
It doesn't stop with this particular nock and its limitations,once allowed, technology and corporate profits will continue to improve upon this nock and within a few years who knows what it will be capable of,if the money is there it will be exploited.
It amazes me how many don't see the road they're being lead down with all these gadgets,most companies are in the business of extracting your money not make you better hunters.
look at the Boone and Crocket or Pope and Young record books and see how many records were taken long before all these "aids" were available, somehow past hunters were able to be successful,why is that?

HookUp

WKR
If you don't like his podcast don't listen. I subscribe to a lot of podcasts hunting and non hunting. I drop them if I don't like the content and I do it without bashing those people on internet forums for not aligning with my views.

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Eh, I don't like where that's heading. Eventually going in to the woods won't really be going in to the woods anymore. Gps and a compound bow is one thing....but if we keep pushing those boundaries we're gonna cause somebody to draw a line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't like his podcast don't listen. I subscribe to a lot of podcasts hunting and non hunting. I drop them if I don't like the content and I do it without bashing those people on internet forums for not aligning with my views.

A similar argument could be made against commenting on a thread that you don't agree with...

Status
Not open for further replies.