Holy solar eclipse!!!!!!!!!!

HOT ROD

WKR
I am from Casper Wyoming... We are out of here for that weekend... We are going camping... Every thing wyobowhunter21 said.. Is the same I am here in for Casper Wy.. I think it will be a mess.... I hope they don't burn the place down....

wyosteve

WKR
Since I had nothing better to do that day, I'll be watching it from a mountain top at 11k in the wilderness. Don't expect much chaos!

I'm working that day. We aren't in the totality zone but it's about an hour south of us I think. We haven't gotten any updates from the higher up regarding craziness but people don't need much excuse to loose there minds.😊 We will just do what we do and handle it.

I will work from home that day. I am in the blackout zone. I will enjoy from my porch. Hopefully it will be clear. I don't really get all the foil hat BS either.

Snyder can just go home to the big town of Detroit OR and probably win the photo contest.

Snyder is from Detroit Oregon?

I have to work the day of the eclipse, but it seems like everyone is hearing the same thing involving mass chaos and confusion.

I've read about several complaints to the AG here in Oregon about hotels canceling long standing reservations made before the eclipse at a lower rate, in favor of freeing up those rooms to book at the super inflated eclipse rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are hyping people coming into SC for it too.. must be a lot of "totality zones"

I'm totally big enough of a dork to make sure I don't miss this. I'll be heading over to tri-cities Friday night and then make my way into eastern Or. Saturday. I was sort of hoping this would slide under the radar but thanks to the media frenzy it does look like it's going to be a zoo. I still have no idea where exactly I'll end up but I picked up an Oregon Gazateer the other day and will plot out an off the beaten place if such a place can be found??

Fortunately my new truck cap arrives next Friday so I'll be self contained and mobile which should allow me to avoid the mob scene towns.

LostArra

WKR
Around here is seems like it is because of the mass influx of people, over congested streets, how to get people from point a to point b, not enough hotel rooms, not enough water, and generally people wandering around being people.

don't forget long lines to the ophthalmologist

WKR
They seem to be preparing form Armageddon here in central Wyoming. SAR groups are basically thinking people need to self rescue as they won't be available...

My main concern is an overload of cell communication. Food and water shortages can be prepared for in advance, but being unable to communicate if there's a need is slightly more concerning. Glad I still have a land line at the office.

WKR
That's why Wyoming will be a popular place (unfortunately). Little chance of rain or clouds.

It looks like cloud cover isn't unreasonable for at least western Oregon. I'm personally hoping for rain from now on, what with all the timber ground closing due to fire danger.

I've got an antelope hunt in eastern Oregon the week before the eclipse, I hope the roads on Friday heading into the valley aren't to clogged.

xziang

WKR

tttoadman

WKR
Snyder is from Detroit Oregon?

I have to work the day of the eclipse, but it seems like everyone is hearing the same thing involving mass chaos and confusion.

I've read about several complaints to the AG here in Oregon about hotels canceling long standing reservations made before the eclipse at a lower rate, in favor of freeing up those rooms to book at the super inflated eclipse rate.

Close if not right there. He gave me some insight on hunting that area in his former life.

I cant believe people are so "entitled" that they think it is OK to try to screw somebody out of a reservation because they planned ahead. If they were on their game, they could have posted slightly higher rates for that time period(for added support staff??) a long time ago, and probably not looked like total jackasses.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
They had to refund, illegal.
Private residence is a different story. if people are stupid enough to pay $1,000 a night they deserve to get hosed.

And the craziness isn't limited to western states. Here in KY, it's the same BS. Seem that Hopkinsville,KY is in the center of the zone too. There's already been farmers leasing pastures for film and news crews. I'm just a little north of "the zone" but all the talk and news story's remind my of Y2K.

And Y2K didn't pass without incident. I was in a hotel in Gatlinburg, TN on my honeymoon. Seems that morning the cash register wouldn't work. The hotel couldn't send room service because somehow, the stove and basic math skills didn't work either?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

530Chukar

WKR
I'm in a 90% zone. and this is the first I've heard of any of this. Pretty entertaining to say the least.