Holy solar eclipse!!!!!!!!!!

I'm around a 30 minute drive from the "total zone". Here in Missouri there have been rumblings that the 21st will usher in the Zombie Apocalypse

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have to put out the portable electronic reader boards on the busiest parts of the highway with the message of "expect delays----heavy traffic."
We kind of thought that this would be a more appropriate message and start a riot........."Trump has canceled the eclipse. Go home.":cool:

Randy

CorbLand

WKR
I was home this weekend at my moms place, which apparently is suppose to be one of the best places to be. Seemed that most are worried about the massive influx of people and the demand that will place on the utilities. They basically told everyone to not even call the cops for minor car wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I am hoping for the best that people do not get stupid over this event.

Oh, you can pretty much bet on people being stupid. They're already stupid the other 364 days out of the year, they're not going to get any less stupid with an eclipse going on. If anything, they'll go directly to "ludicrous" stupid.

I think it's supposed to happen around lunchtime here, so I'll be doing important stuff then........like making a sandwich or two. So no......I'm not following it.

Gobbler36

WKR
All I hope for is smoke and cloud cover so these idiots don't get to see what they came for and decide to either leave early or not show up in the first place

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone seen where people are posting up their rentals??? Trying to post one up for our cabin on the ranch in NE.. it's like 98% covered but just a 20 minute drive south is 100%. Make some extra cash I suppose if anyone is looking for a crash spot.

elkyinzer

WKR
The next one passes over Lake Erie. Walleyes like weather changes, so I expect to experience the best fishing of my life during the eclipse.

btp

FNG
No school or work in Charleston, last metro area in total zone in the US.

There is a flood tide in the am and then we are going to have a party in the neighborhood. That way we don't have to mingle with the 250,000 kooks who are coming to town....

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I grow up I hope to be half as cool as many on this site..............................

NOT!!!!!

? Again for like the third time already today on here... if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The next one passes over Lake Erie. Walleyes like weather changes, so I expect to experience the best fishing of my life during the eclipse.

When is that one supposed to be? I may need to go back home to Erie to visit family for that one. It would be fun to be on the lake with my folks and kids fishing during that.

Has anyone seen where people are posting up their rentals??? Trying to post one up for our cabin on the ranch in NE.. it's like 98% covered but just a 20 minute drive south is 100%. Make some extra cash I suppose if anyone is looking for a crash spot.

I'd just do Craigslist. If you use any of the vacation rental by owner sites like VRBO or AirBNB the gvt usually makes you pay the same taxes hotels do and in Denver they make you get some license or something to operate. Not worth it for a one time thing.

I've even heard stories of ranchers in WY renting out camping plots on their land for stupid amounts. I'm all for the influx of money, but I would make sure your car is fully gassed up on Friday. The infrastructure up there just isn't made to handle that amount of people. I can't imagine the weekend the Glendo and Boysen park rangers are going to have. I'm sure it'll be loads of fun.

What's funny is that this eclipse will be visible for much of the US so the totality zone covers a very large amount of land and people will be spread out, but just wait for the one in 2033 that will only be visible in remote AK and Siberia. NASA - Total Solar Eclipse of 2033 Mar 30

Being that I work with a ton of space nerds, I would guess that the office will be pretty empty that day. Being a bit of a space nerd myself I've been thinking about just finding a spot in Wilderness up in the totality zone to spend the weekend, but haven't really looked into it yet.

Mtnboy

WKR
I'm so sick of hearing about it, it's been on the a news every night since January. .

I'll be driving back to Boise from Yellow Pine the night before, I'm preparing my patience already...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm so sick of hearing about it, it's been on the a news every night since January. .

I'll be driving back to Boise from Yellow Pine the night before, I'm preparing my patience already...

Man, you are brave. "They" just came out with rankings on where the best places in America are to see totality and Smiths Ferry was ranked number 3. I'll be stationed up there the day of.........I can hardly wait.:mad:

Randy

Mtnboy

WKR
Yeah, already committed to the Mtn Goat Survey outta Yellow Pine next weekend, can't back out now...

Sitting in traffic will be worth it if we can get a few more Goat tags in the pool!