Holy solar eclipse!!!!!!!!!!

Grumman

WKR
My wife just saw 4 pair of eclipse glasses sell for $20 each on local Facebook buy/sell/trade. Hell I may sell mine and skip it:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "vibe" here in Lander, WY is underway. Traffic is noticeably heavier. The local merchants are reporting increased sales. The motels are completely booked and folks are renting out their homes for crazy prices. Tuesday will be a holiday for most of us. Stay tuned...

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Traffic counter on highway 55........north of Boise........is up 40 percent at 11 this morning. Boss just called and said its nuts right now.
I went woodcutting up that way yesterday evening and all the campgrounds were full and some of the private fields were starting to fill.

Randy

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder how many will try to follow it from Oregon to South Carolina. It could be done if you can drive non-stop and maintain a constant speed of approximately 312 mph.

...so for those that are sarcasm challenged-please do not drive 312 mph.

as a Southerner I see the true value of the eclipse--a bit of shade from the August sun.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was coming back from Texas yesterday and about 2/3's of the traffic heading north on I-25 were TX and NM plates. The highways even had digital signs up saying to expect heavy traffic from Fri through Tues because of the eclipse. Don't these people have homes?

tttoadman

WKR
I am a little dorked out on this. I am really glad I live in the dark zone, or I might be one of those crazy people trying to get somewhere to see it. The extent of my planning is picking the best spot for my chair in my back yard. Have fun everyone!!

Once again, I feeling fortunate to live in a place where I don't have to worry about these kind of distractions and I can continue to focus all my attention on my up and coming moose and goat hunts.:)

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Once again, I feeling fortunate to live in a place where I don't have to worry about these kind of distractions and I can continue to focus all my attention on my up and coming moose and goat hunts.:)

Ill send end you a photo..........:rolleyes:

Randy

IdahoElk

WKR
So far we have not had the influx of people they have been expecting. Don't get me wrong, there has been some extra traffic, but the apacolypse may be delayed.

Same here,I'm only a few miles from the totality zone,they expected 20k-30k people to descend into our valley but it's not happening as far as I can tell.
Y2k all over again.

okie jim

FNG
A lot of media hype, the more that show up, the more coverage they have. If the price gouging on rooms and services are true it just goes to show people are willing to pay for stupidity.

HOT ROD

WKR
How was every ones eclipse experience? I was in the mountains scouting elk and deer.. It was bumper to bumper crawl. Going south from Saratoga Wy to past Shirley Basin... We met sum rude people at the gas station in Saratoga.. Pretty much told them as much.. Maybe a little more.. Sure am clad we didn't stay home for it.. I can only imagine what Casper was like...

Radio station in Fort Collins said that at the worst of it it was a 10 hour drive from Casper to DIA and lots cars left on the shoulders from running out of gas in the jam right after the two minutes of glory. I took my hour lunch break and watched it with my kids. 96% coverage here. Thought it would get dark and temperature would drop etc but didn't notice much of a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took off half a day from work to check it out with my boys. It was a good time.. got to 99.5% totality where I was. Street lights came on, it cooled down, and everything looked kind of orange. Pretty cool and a good excuse to take some time off with my kids.

bbell

WKR
So we were in the zone of totality. By the lack of people showing up it was a bust where I live. The eclipse was absolutely amazing though! Pretty amazing to have it get dark and drop 15*F. Cool experience to have. Now time to prepare for hunting season!