Holy solar eclipse!!!!!!!!!!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else following this event? It has absolutely gone bonkers here in the "totality" zone of Idaho. They are expecting HUGE traffic issues the day of, day before and day after. All for 2 minutes and 9 seconds of darkness. Hotels are booked solid, campgrounds are full and a bunch of land owners are charging people up to 300 bucks to camp on their land.
So........on the 21st of August, grab a beer, lawn chair and watch all the moonbeams.:p

Randy. (who will be stationed on highway 55 in the totality zone)

Anyone else following this event? It has absolutely gone bonkers here in the "totality" zone of Idaho. They are expecting HUGE traffic issues the day of, day before and day after. All for 2 minutes and 9 seconds of darkness. Hotels are booked solid, campgrounds are full and a bunch of land owners are charging people up to 300 bucks to camp on their land.
So........on the 21st of August, grab a beer, lawn chair and watch all the moonbeams.:p

Randy. (who will be stationed on highway 55 in the totality zone)
Moonbeams?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Funny this thread is already up. I was just about to post a question about the eclipse.

I just got off the phone with my mother who is in Colorado. Apparently Wyoming is preparing for total chaos and is having disaster drills with gov. entities. She said people have been taking out money from the banks and stock piling supplies. Any truth to this? I have not heard or seen anything about another "Y2K".

I am hoping for the best that people do not get stupid over this event. But I am going to plan accordingly, only because I have to be in major city that is a viewing point that week.

Here in Casper they have told us to conserve water and sewer. The city council has said that there is a chance we will run out of water. I have friends who rented their house anywhere from $2500-$8000 for the week. The most expensive I have heard is $15000 but that I can't confirm. Hotels are sold out at $1000 for the night. It's pretty crazy. My office shutdown due to it. We plan to stay inside, watch the 2 min of darkness and then continue our day. I did make a joke the other day though about all these people coming here and what they will do if it's cloudy.

541hunter

WKR
They are saying to expect a million plus people coming into Oregon for it. Just hope these people use common sense and no new fires are started because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desertcj

WKR
I will be hunting:D Maybe it will be a scene from Apocalyptica....except with a bucks heart...lol. It's only going to be about 75% where I will be.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
It's my B-day on the 21st . I hope the world doesn't end . Huntin seasons just around the corner . Not that you can tell in the NW . 100 plus degrees and can't see the forest through the smoke .

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
In somewhat of a serious note, maybe Rokslide should host a contest for the best eclipse photo. We have some AMAZING photographers here on the slide......I'm certain some great photos would be shot. Some cool rokslide gear for the winner. What say you Ryan and Robby?????

Randy

wapitibob

WKR
It'll be the same epic event as Y2K and the rainbow festival.

A bunch of nonsensical predictions that didn't come close to fruition.

They are saying to expect a million plus people coming into Oregon for it. Just hope these people use common sense and no new fires are started because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in Bend and we were told not to bother attempting to come into town that week. I am taking the family and going out to the Pahsimeroi valley. I am guessing it will be super busy out there but I know a few places most folk wouldn't take their RV's up.

gwl79902

WKR
Yes photo contest is a good idea. People are welcome to come stay at my house at the going rate of 1500 a person. If I can get 6 to 10 people packed in here I will have some good out of state hunts!!!!!

tttoadman

WKR
I will work from home that day. I am in the blackout zone. I will enjoy from my porch. Hopefully it will be clear. I don't really get all the foil hat BS either.

Snyder can just go home to the big town of Detroit OR and probably win the photo contest.

Broomd

WKR
Complete pile of bullsh!te...all of it.
The event itself is cool, but I wouldn't let any of those loonies on my place for any amount of money.

In somewhat of a serious note, maybe Rokslide should host a contest for the best eclipse photo. We have some AMAZING photographers here on the slide......I'm certain some great photos would be shot. Some cool rokslide gear for the winner. What say you Ryan and Robby?????

Randy

Here's my entry.

5864287-black-picture.png

colonel00

WKR
I live in the totality zone in KC. I was pumped to take some photos and video right until I realized that I'll be in Alaska *shakes head*