Where to buy a Gransfors small forest axe.

boom

WKR
I have one. Fun axe! My chickens didn't agree tho.

I saw several in eureka Ca at a store called Picky Picky Picky. Dumb name huge inventory of stuff. See if they will mail you one.

ChrisS

WKR
LL Bean is backordered, but I don't think for very long.

My wife just bought me one for my birthday. Shaving sharp out of the box.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well I got one off Amazon so I cant offer a source but Ill say that other than my splitting Maul, the SFA is all I use these days, I rarely leave it at home when I head out.

Summit1

FNG
Jax out here in CO usually has them in stock. I have no idea how their prices compare. Brad

OP
Bch, those look pretty nice, but cannot spend those kink of dollars. That is insane. The Granfors is expensive enough.
Summit, I will see if i can find Jax.

Pirigas seems like a decent deal and free shipping.
Thanks D_E.

oldgoat

WKR
I had my eye on the one from Knives of Alaska, but ended up with a different cheaper one and then didn't even carry it, pack was just getting too damn heavy! Knives of Alaska is a very nice compact little hatchet

There's a couple of outdoor shops in durango that carry them. Every time I go into them I stare at them and contemplate if I actually need one.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
That's a spendy ax. Curious what's the difference between this one and a regular hardware store ax? All I've ever used is a hardware store ax and for years I split enough wood to heat my family's 4700 sq ft cabin all winter. Thank god we have a log splitter now!!!

ChrisS

WKR
That's a spendy ax. Curious what's the difference between this one and a regular hardware store ax? All I've ever used is a hardware store ax and for years I split enough wood to heat my family's 4700 sq ft cabin all winter. Thank god we have a log splitter now!!!
Personal preference, better steel, etc. I wouldn't use the small forest axe to split anything other than kindling. You can get these higher dollar axes wicked sharp and they'll hold an edge a lot longer as well. A razor sharp axe makes short work of limbing out smaller trees.

Axes, in general, aren't relied on to do real work by most people anymore. Stamped out cheap chinese steel is good enough for general work. Like most anything out there you get what you pay for; how it's used for is up to the person buying it.