Good people

MTtrout

WKR
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Was out scouting yesterday and when we got back to the truck I took off my bino harness and set it on a large bolder. Well I carelessly left it on that rock and noticed I didn't have it when we drove to a different location to shoot bows. I frantically drove back to only find it gone and with a very nervous feeling in my stomach (with binos, rangefinder, and several other items, equally way too much money to lose). I drove down the road asking anyone I saw with no luck. With my head hanging low I drove back past that rock to find that someone put my stuff back! Very grateful someone realized that it was not theirs and put it back. So has anyone else left things behind to have it properly returned?[/FONT][/FONT]

I found someone's binos laying in the middle of a road once. Grabbed them and before we got onto the main road they were heading back up to where he lost them. Boy were they glad to see I had them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finch

WKR
None that I can think of but you sure got lucky! Glad you got your stuff back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

D_Eightch

WKR
Nope, but I did have a chat with my buddy about leaving behind stuff you find. I saw a Tilley hat at a portage during our return on a BWCA trip. My buddy came carrying it saying "look what i found, a tilley". It was brand new. I thought how nice of a hat it is, but I guess that's just how I was raised. If I'm at a trail head or a common area for people to travel I'm not going to be the jerk to take something that does not belong to me.

That's awesome that you got your stuff back.

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Found a pair of binoculars last year,.. 500.00 class, put a ad up on craigslist, and about a week later, the owner called. We found a ladies purse with wallet one evening, got it back to her, both times declined reward, just told them to play it forward. Firm believer in honesty, and karma.
Mike

Found a 22-250 rifle once, left a note with my number for the person who could describe the item left behind. Was a kid who was very thankful.

Last edited:
Years ago I found a BlackBerry at an outdoor concert. This was before Iphones!! And, as I was scrolling through the index looking for a "mom, dad or ICE" number, a lady came past frantically looking at the ground and walking in circles. I asked her if she needed help and she said she had lost her phone and her whole life was on that phone. I quickly handed it over. She was very very gracious and offered some reward money, I declined.

I'm a firm believer in honesty and paying it forward.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've found a few things and returned the. I found a wallet in 45' of water, ID, credit cards... but no money in it. I called the person to get an address or meet to return it to him, he asked me how much money was in it, and then preceded to accuse me of stealing it; I hung up and dropped in in a mail box.

I found a dog (a well trained hunting dog) in the middle of nowhere, toted that dog around with me for a week of deer hunting, asking everyone I came across if they knew who owned it before I finally came across the owner.

I found a deer collar (unmarked) and tracked down the owner (CDFW), and got to know the data analyst, and was given all the data the collar collected.

I found a girls virginity, and was unable to return it.

2ski

WKR
I found a medical marijuana card once. I didn't really care about it, but the 18 year old girl in the picture was cute. So I took it too her address. Her mom was overly appreciative and looked a little red in the eyes herself...wonder who actually used the pot.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Lost my Garmin on the trail....Awesome individual found it, called Garmin to find out who it was registered, had them contact me, and dropped it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister in law is now married to the guy who found her purse laying in the middle of the road. He was rewarded greatly and owes his wonderful little family to his good deed.