Favorite Backcountry Lunch

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
BKhunter your inbox is full again. I got your message you got my number text or call when available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krojemann

WKR
For those of you making butthole sandwiches ahead of time, vacuum sealing, and freezing...how far in advance can you get away with making them? A month? A week?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For those of you making butthole sandwiches ahead of time, vacuum sealing, and freezing...how far in advance can you get away with making them? A month? A week?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've got some in the freezer pushing a year now and I won't hesitate to eat them after 2 years being vac sealed. Not the greatest meal this way, but simple, high calorie, and tasty.

I am a big fan of instant pudding, almond butter on bagels, powdered milk in ziplocks with granola... yum!

Bcole82

FNG
Get back to me when you're 74. Besides at lunch time i'm hungry. Should I not eat to prove how tough I am?

Way to add something to the conversation with that comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danarnold

WKR
Peanut butter bacon and honey wheat tortilla do me pretty good. If I can get some banana in there do without it turning brown or smashing to hell even better

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got base camp set up. Enjoying a cold one, wanting a pizza.

Back country lunch I like peanuts, those applesauce squeeze packets, something with jalapeno like jerky or cheese and a energy bar of sort I mix them up so no specific recommendation. I don't know why but I don't eat much for lunch, maybe it's because I'm starving myself so I'll finish a mountain House dinner. I Need try an alternative to mountain House