Billings MT area GROUP HIKE Aug. 12

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Attention fellow sliders around the Billings MT area...

This weekend is Great Outdoor days at the Cabelas and Kristy Titus, Mark Kayser and myself will be there doing seminars and BS'ing hunting, gear and outdoor shenanigans. Kristy and I are planning to do a group hike Saturday and Sunday morning, everyone's invited. Let me know if you'd like to join and I'll make sure to get your number and coordinate when we've locked a time down.

Kristy will be doing an Elk hunting/calling seminar, both days.
Mark will be doing a round table big game talk, both days.
I will be doing a backcountry gear seminar on Saturday.

If your around the area come chat with us! I will have a few Kifaru packs with me as well as most of the other gear that I use if anyone would like to check them out.

Last edited:

SneekyPee

Lil-Rokslider
Jordan , where do you plan on doing the hike ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
I was just trying to come up with a plan for me for the weekend. This may be a possibility. I'd hike with you guys. Keep me posted on what's going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post update. Still haven't nailed an actual time down but we're switching to the morning, both Saturday and Sunday. Then hitting the gym after to lift if anyone wants to join that as well.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, we've finalized things.

Saturday and Sunday morning at 7:30am at the Pictograph trails south of Billings. It's like a 15 minute drive from what I gather.

Hope to see a few of you there!

Ok, we've finalized things.

Saturday and Sunday morning at 7:30am at the Pictograph trails south of Billings. It's like a 15 minute drive from what I gather.

Hope to see a few of you there!

I think I can be there Saturday. Would be nice to meet some fellow hunters.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was just trying to come up with a plan for me for the weekend. This may be a possibility. I'd hike with you guys. Keep me posted on what's going on.

Ok, we've changed our location. Zimmerman trail instead of the Pictographs... 7:30am, hope to see some people in the morning!

It was great to meet Jordan and Kristy Saturday morning. I missed them at the trail, but caught up with them when they came back. It was amusing to me that Kristy is on her way to hunt antelope, and about a quarter mile down the road there was a pretty good herd of them hanging out across the street from a residential area. I am impressed with both of these women for how they represent the hunting community. To be honest I did not have any idea who either one was, so when I got home I looked up some YouTube videos and was very impressed. Thanks for inviting us Jordan.

2ski

WKR
Jordan is a woman? Don't I feel stupid. I would've especially felt stupid if I was able to show up to the hike and would've asked these two women where Jordan was......yeah.....foot in mouth.

How did the hike go Jordan? I wasn't able to come down from Bozeman.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jordan is a woman? Don't I feel stupid. I would've especially felt stupid if I was able to show up to the hike and would've asked these two women where Jordan was......yeah.....foot in mouth.

How did the hike go Jordan? I wasn't able to come down from Bozeman.

yeah I've definitely heard that before! Well for Kristy and I it went well but no one else actually hiked with us haha. Didn't find a good place for elevation loss and gain so we just did our best. We had a blast all weekend together though!

2ski

WKR
Yeah. I couldn't really tgibk of anything around billings with any elevation. Now if you guys come to bozeman I can hook you up with lots of hikes.