What do you use to wake up in the backcountry?

Bughalli

WKR
When you are backpack hunting, what do you use to wake up before sunrise? I have one of the classic triathlon watches and set the alarm, but if my hand is down in the sleeping bag or under the pillow then I often sleep through it. More often than not I stress about over sleeping that I just continually wake up and check the time throughout the night. I tried the cell phone, but damn it's loud when the woods are quiet. Plus it drains the battery. What's your method of choice?

When you are backpack hunting, what do you use to wake up before sunrise? I have one of the classic triathlon watches and set the alarm, but if my hand is down in the sleeping bag or under the pillow then I often sleep through it. More often than not I stress about over sleeping that I just continually wake up and check the time throughout the night. I tried the cell phone, but damn it's loud when the woods are quiet. Plus it drains the battery. What's your method of choice?
U SE my cell phone on a vibrating alarm and my GPS on a vibrating alarm.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Get an alarm that sounds like a bear sniffing around your tent. You'll wake up ready to go.

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
I hang my watch over my head. It wont wake me up if its on my wrist in the sleeping bag.

I hang my watch over my head. It wont wake me up if its on my wrist in the sleeping bag.

same here. i got to the point where i would shut my watch alarm off in my sleep so now i take it off it forces me to search around in the dark for it and wake up.

colersu22

WKR
I use my Ipone alarm but one perk of being up at 4:15 every day for work is I am so use to it now that I normally get up before my alarm goes off.

I turn my phone's screen brightness all the way down and put it on airplane mode. I also keep it in my bag so it doesn't lose battery to the cold air.

I need to pick up a decent watch but I might just see if I can find a cheap little alarm clock.

1signguy

WKR
This week I started getting up at 4:45 am for coffee and then walk downstairs and hit the gym...
Come Fall I am programed to get up and hunt...

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using my iPhone too, but am thinking of getting a travel alarm clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UtahJimmy

WKR
I've always used my phone. I shut of GPS at bedtime (it's already in airplane mode once I leave pavement) as to conserve battery.