Vegan Diet for Hunters

PF_JM

FNG
The only reason I could see to be on a vegetable only diet before hunting is that you have no means of obtaining meat other than hunting and you are out.

Muttly

WKR
I eat critters that eat veggies and green stuff, so, sorta, maybe, not sure...
On the other hand, we have a vegetarian in the family that barbecues burgers at family gatherings...

Btaylor

WKR
Rather than give up eating meat, why not rig up a little battery powered tent fan on a selfie stick and harness that dude up to your pack where it hangs out in front of you about waist high? Then your scent will always be blowing behind you and you can stay cool on those long early season hikes. Get you some of that ozonics.

What good does not smelling like a threat do if you still shout to the animals that "I'm vegan, how are you".

Seriously, all of the vegans I have met are annoying about it. They think everyone should be vegan and we shouldn't use GMO's and pesticides, as if they don't know how many people would go hungry in their little weird green dream.

Scoot

WKR
I have said it once. I will say it again.

The day hunting become so serious that I have to change my diet so I don't smell like a predator, I will leave my weapons in the woods and walk out for good.

You've had to say this before this thread??? :D

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
What other methods and tactics would a man have tried and failed with before he comes to the conclusion that this is what it takes to fill a tag? If I hit the point of desperation where going vegan seemed like a necessary step to be successful, I'd just quit and take up fidget spinning or something.

adamm88

WKR
They say a hungry lion hunts the best, if i went vegan before hunting season id say id be pretty hungry by the time season rolls around.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
In preparation for my September Moose hunt I have about 60lbs of venison to do something with so that I have freezer space. So far this week we have had venison tenderloin fajitas, made 7 tubes of summer sausage, made 2lb of meat for tacos. I would quit hunting before I went Vegan.