Vegan Diet for Hunters

WRO

WKR
I'm on a second level Vegan Diet, I use an animal to process all of my vegtables first.

hobbes

WKR
With some of the in depth "manscaping" and "which underwear do you prefer" discussions that some of you spend countless pages on...............

I have no desire and would never even consider a vegan diet, but its not an altogether new concept. Ive seen it discussed seriously on hunting forums before.

Guys, let's not turn this into Archery Talk. It was fun but let's not start attacking folks. This forum is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dotman

WKR
Guys, let's not turn this into Archery Talk. It was fun but let's not start attacking folks. This forum is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Completely agree, don't be like the liberal protestors people!

micus

Lil-Rokslider
Neither me nor the wife eat much meat once the game meat starts running out... does that count?? Mind you we also go through binges, i.e. we go from some type of game meat everyday for a week and a bit then will flop to lots of greens/smoothies/fruit for a while, then back.

idk man, you probably are barking up the wrong tree on this forum with veganism lol...

So, to address the OP on this thread; I learned a lot being a K9 handler, for example when you walk into your kitchen and smell an apple pie in the oven a dog smells, the shortening, the apples, the cinnamon, the flour etc. they can identify components of odors, this is why packing cocaine in pepper or dryer sheets makes sense to us as the odor is overwhelming and we identify the masking scent and nothing else, a dog's nose isn't fooled at all. If you imagine the size of a dogs nasal membrane vs a deer or an elks ( larger and more receptors) it is very unlikely that we are going to interfere with their ability to "wind" us by making a dietary change. I don't know that any studies have been done on cervids like they have been done on K9's but I imagine the process could be very similar.

OP
J
So, to address the OP on this thread; I learned a lot being a K9 handler, for example when you walk into your kitchen and smell an apple pie in the oven a dog smells, the shortening, the apples, the cinnamon, the flour etc. they can identify components of odors, this is why packing cocaine in pepper or dryer sheets makes sense to us as the odor is overwhelming and we identify the masking scent and nothing else, a dog's nose isn't fooled at all. If you imagine the size of a dogs nasal membrane vs a deer or an elks ( larger and more receptors) it is very unlikely that we are going to interfere with their ability to "wind" us by making a dietary change. I don't know that any studies have been done on cervids like they have been done on K9's but I imagine the process could be very similar.

I agree 100 percent.
This is kind of a joke that I run past all the Whitetail hunters (I'm from the Midwest) I know who go through ridiculous lengths thinking they are fooling a deer's nose. IMO the only way you can get around a deer's nose is to be down wind, however I'm in the minority around here with that opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
after a longish strenuous hike, i imagine my stank wont be because i ate a cheeseburger..(unless i fart a lot). work a backpack hunter in a lather a few days straight, no shower..we reek. no hiding that. so play the wind.

as far as being vegan to smell less offensive to a game animal; to be honest, i would piss on a spark-plug if someone told me it would make me an awesome bowhunter. there are some unbelievable things to aid in hunting..like that HEC suit..really?

to each their own. i barely eat meat now, if it helped..that would be great!!