Vegan Diet for Hunters

Is anyone eating a vegan diet right now so you won't smell like a predator when you're in the woods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I have said it once. I will say it again.

The day hunting become so serious that I have to change my diet so I don't smell like a predator, I will leave my weapons in the woods and walk out for good.

I eat poop leading up to my hunt so they think I eat on poop instead of tasty animals....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tater

WKR
To be fair to the OP, there is a tradition in some indigenous cultures where hunters abstain from meat for a period of time in conjunction with other rituals in preparation for the hunt.

Having said that, not gonna happen in my house.

oldgoat

WKR
They say you should quit using tobacco too, I imagine that to mean smoking not chewing so I don't bother with that either.

Mike7

WKR
I once met a guy archery hunting elk in an Oregon wilderness who hadn't eaten any meat for over a month for this reason reportedly. He did have a spike bull with him that he had harvested (the only bull I saw harvested that week); a bull that he planned on eating that night. To be fair though, he also had a bottle of wind indicator...so he must not have had supreme confidence in the effectiveness of his meatless diet smell either.

On the other hand, I have seen people who smoke like a chimney and who exude a cone of cigarette smoke smell perceptible to humans for 20 yards around themselves, yet they harvest deer that reportedly walked right past their stand.

ncstewart

WKR
I personally peed in scrapes and put cameras on the scrapes last year to see what happened. Ya nothing changed at all. It didn't change what deer where using them any. I actually made a mock scrape and started it by peeing in it.
Animals see us as predators because we are predators and not because of a diet.

OP
J
I'm not doing it, but wanted to check how hard core people are on this site. It makes more sense to me than spending money on scent lock BS and cover scent.

Shot

FNG
This is hilarious. The scent a human produces is unique to our own species, no matter what you eat, and unique to certain individuals. This is how a blood hound tracts felons and missing persons.

However, eating certain food and sweating can change your "body scent", but the underlaying human scent stays the same. To an animal, specially a prey, any scent not their own is a threat.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Vegan and carnivorous humans carry a different scent?

Ya, and a crusty old elk hunter that sweats all day, every day while up there carries a different scent as well. That hasn't changed anything about the way I hunt.

Is bacon part of a vegan diet? If so, then yes I'm on a vegan diet.

KurtR

WKR
I'm not doing it, but wanted to check how hard core people are on this site. It makes more sense to me than spending money on scent lock BS and cover scent.

No ...it does not. I seriously thought there was some kinda punch line that was missing from the first pist