Fairbanks Lodging

Hey folks,
I have a quick question for anyone familiar with Fairbanks. I'm headed that way in a couple weeks for a caribou drop. I've got almost everything in place but a hotel reservation for both sides of the trip. Does anyone have recommendations for a place to stay that works well with proximity to the airport, easy of moving gear, food, drinks, etc? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We stayed at the holiday Inn Express and suites near the Johansen Expressway. Close to Sportsmans Warehouse, Walmart and not too far from the Airport ( shuttle available from the hotel I believe). Good Luck

bates

WKR
I'll be at Pikes waterfront next week.

It was recommend and super close to the airport

They also run shuttles to the grocery and downtown

When do you leave. Maybe I can report my experience before your leave

colonel00

WKR
We've stayed at the Alpine Lodge which is right there by the airport too. However, in looking it up to verify the name, it looks like it has been bought out by La Quinta now.

Antlers

FNG
Since you included food and drink, Pike's will fit your list pretty well; Sophie's Station is not quite as close.

Daniel_M

WKR
I stayed at Pikes last week for work and have to say they've gone down hill in service. They picked up the Princess Tour buses for the trains rotating in 10+ busses a day, and they are the priority.

My confirmed rooms were dropped, one given to an older couple off the bus.

Ive stayed there over a dozen times in the past and it was great. Not sure I'll stay there again under the current business model.

However they are close to the airport and Fred Meyers for the last minute stuff.

Pikes Landing however does have killer food. Never had a bad meal, or drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I stayed at Pikes last week for work and have to say they've gone down hill in service. They picked up the Princess Tour buses for the trains rotating in 10+ busses a day, and they are the priority.

$1 coffee, $18 breakfasts/$13 continental.

My confirmed rooms were split, one given to an older couple off the bus.

Ive stayed there over a dozen times in the past and it was great. Not sure I'll stay there again under the current business model.

However they are close to the airport and Fred Meyers for the last minute stuff.

Pikes Landing however does have killer food. Never had a bad meal, or drink.

Pike's was going to be my suggestion as well. That's disappointing to hear the cruise industry is appropriating another business up there and ruining it.

I've stayed at Pike's Waterfront Lodge and at the Best Western Chena Lodge across from Fred Meyer. Both were good. I like Pikes as it just has an Alaska feel to it. The Best Western could be a Florida copy. Both offer good accommodations. I've had shortcomings with each but not a big deal. La Quinta is on my short list of backup hotels as it's right by the airport. I do definitely enjoy and recommend eating at Pike's Restaurant. The lodge also offers a breakfast which is phenomenal. I'll be there in the weeks ahead.

OP
WildGooseChase
Thanks for all the recommendations! It's impossible to get this type of information from calling these places. We will be in town the night of 8/25 and 9/2. I'm liking the sounds of Pike's Restaurant. A good meal and cold beer will be a nice treat on the way out.

Daniel_M

WKR
Thanks for all the recommendations! It's impossible to get this type of information from calling these places. We will be in town the night of 8/25 and 9/2. I'm liking the sounds of Pike's Restaurant. A good meal and cold beer will be a nice treat on the way out.

Luckily the restaurant is under a different owner than the hotel. Make sure you go with their triple tier appetizer with steak bites. 🤙

KJH

WKR
Another one for Pikes. Its not a 5 star hotel, but it fits the need well. They will pick you up (and all gear) and get you back to the airport.