Canvas tent Whats a good company

Bought a new Montana Canvas and after setting it up to make the frame I found all sorts of poor workmanship. I needed tent so when I called MC they said use it and call us when your seasons are over. Used it and then stuck it on the porch with a prepaid label from MC and a new one showed up on the porch a week or so later.
I will buy my next one from MC due to that CS.

A word of cause is to never buy this kind of thing close to the season because these places are way too busy.

fishslap

WKR
Davis will rent you one and you can try it out for a season. People have their preferences on pole systems but Davis recommended external so that's what I went with. I setup my 10x12 solo each year. They have a video if you're not familiar with that setup (no cutting of lodge poles needed). I believe it sets the tent much tighter, it's lighter, and definitely easier to setup and take down in the wind.

OP
D

DIY

WKR
any one have a used wall tent they would like to part with?

TheTone

WKR
Not to derail or steal the OP topics, but can anyone recommend a good shop for repairs or add on to an existing tent? I just inherited an old one with short walls (2 feet) and would like the have the tent added on for either 4 or 5 foot walls

sveltri

WKR
I just sold my Davis, but if I were to go the wall tent direction again I would buy Davis in a heartbeat.

cdods

FNG
It's been said and I reinforce going with Davis. I just bought one last winter and I can't say enough about the quality. I've had friends with Montana Canvas. Sheridan tent and awning's and others and would readily buy from Davis again. Also, the customer service is world class. I think you'll get a quality tent from Many places. I really believe Davis as being the best.

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyone using for a floor with their wall tents? Anyone have experience with the full floors from Davis Tent with the zip out for the stove or something similar?

fishslap

WKR
What is everyone using for a floor with their wall tents? Anyone have experience with the full floors from Davis Tent with the zip out for the stove or something similar?
I use the full floor from davis with the zip out for the stove. Basically a heavy duty tarp that you lay out (not zipped or connected to the canvas tent in any way). I see no reason to go with a different option unless you wanted to make your own or just don't want a floor. I prefer a floor. My tent is a 10x12 and I rented a 14x16 this year since I had family in camp. They don't provide a floor for the rentals so I just put down two tarps and folded them to leave one corner open for the stove. No issues.

TheTone

WKR
I've mostly used carpet scraps for floor in the past. If its really wet water can soak through and get muddy depending on where you are, but burning the stove will generally dry things out well.

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use the full floor from davis with the zip out for the stove. Basically a heavy duty tarp that you lay out (not zipped or connected to the canvas tent in any way). I see no reason to go with a different option unless you wanted to make your own or just don't want a floor. I prefer a floor. My tent is a 10x12 and I rented a 14x16 this year since I had family in camp. They don't provide a floor for the rentals so I just put down two tarps and folded them to leave one corner open for the stove. No issues.

Is the Davis floor canvas or another material?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
No floor in mine a small rug is all..I keep mine pretty simple cot and stove only there to grab some food and sleep and plan next hunt🤙