Canvas tent Whats a good company

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Montana canvas offers several options I chose relite walls as they dry quicker and lighter for transporting and setting up by myself is more manageable. This tent is Over ten years old and has approximately 300 days in it. Have reaseled it once

Attachments

• DSCN1245.jpg
    DSCN1245.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 110

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I went with Davis tent and canvas.

Canvas Tents - Wall Tent - Davis Tent & Awning

ae6bbb8a7f4b81b97a5506cfbbb026b7.jpg

Great customer service and communication. Being patient I purchased this on one of ther on-line
sales. An order that was never paid for. Not a single problem. Have had for 6 years now. For both hunting base camp and family trips. From 100 degree to below freezing snow storms.

I have the traditional pole setup. Heavy and time consuming to set up. Takes about 45 minutes to set up solo with poly floor and rain fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ronb

WKR
Davis tent, with there angle kit. Cut your own poles. 20yrs with wall tents and finally got an internal frame. Davis measures your tent for you're poles after its made, to ensure a perfect fit. Consider a poly floor too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
Beckel Canvas. I've only dealt with them once, but their prices & service couldn't be beaten.
I have a friend swears by Panther Primitives also.

Jd259

WKR
I went with the wall tent shop after a ton or research there are many great companies out there, I went with them because there customer service was second to none, they always took the time to answer all my questions and they run awesome sales every month on tent packages had it for 5 years now and don't have a single complaint.

bhylton

WKR
wall tent shop. free shipping, way cheaper than mt canvas and the storm flap, stove jack and screened in window come standard. wife and i lived in ours for 8 months in 2015 and its been on several extended winter hunts in MT. no complaints. great product

Beendare

WKR
Ive got a Reliable and Davis and my buddies have a Montana and a couple others- all good.

Contrary to what others have said about setup, with my Alu internal frame, i can setup my 12x16 solo in 20 min. When packing it into backcountry and cutting lodgepoles it can take 2 hrs and tough to do solo.

wytx

WKR
Davis, check to see if they have one on sale. Sometimes they have tents that were ordered but not paid for so they sale price them.
Great to work with, customer service is great.
Internal conduit frame for us too and setup doesn't take long at all. Camp is ready in 30 minutes, complete setup.
You can also use external logs but internal frame is strong and easy.