Which bono harness

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had both the fhf and marsupial they are a similar in size and coverage but the reverse flap and magnetic lid locking opened or closed is an awesome feature.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I run the Solo harness system. I've been in some really nasty stuff for days at time and so far no complaints. It's comfortable, holds up, and continues to do its job even when I'm stalking or shooting.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have an AGC and the Kuiu, I like both but the AGC is more substantial while the Kuiu feels nice and compact.

Does the outdoor vision come with the rain fly and first aid kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The regular one does, the lite does not. The first aid kit is silly imho since I have my own that is more substantial than the one it comes it. It actually pretty funny what comes in it.

cerec_cat

FNG
Does the outdoor vision come with the rain fly and first aid kit?

Yes, it is similar to marsupial but I feel encloses my binos better. It is also similar in some ways to the Muley freak offering, but not as tight. Their rangefinder case is nice also.

Mike7

WKR
The Kuiu one is really good and easy to make small alterations on for the better if you know how to hand sew at all. I have never put binos as big as 12x50s in it though, which may be tight.

I don't see the point at all of these harnesses that are open on the sides and let the bottom of your case fill with pine needless, leaves, sticks, etc. Even with the small opening on the Kuiu in the back up against the chest, I sewed a small light silk flap on there to divert needles from falling into the case while busting through brush (it is still able to be used with one hand with this).

I also sewed extra straps on the Kuiu that attach to the upper part of the harness case, so that I can run the lower strap really loose and still attach a rangefinder, etc. without the harness sagging.

bud

FNG
I tried several, they suck when you have a backpack on. All the webbing and and yoke on the back. Sweat bad and uncomfortable under your pack. I stumbled on Rick Young bino harness. I guess check it out if you don't like to carry weight and fool with shoulder straps and bino straps. I hang over stay and let binos ride under my arm by belt.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I thought I'd chime in as I have tried the MR QuickDraw, Kuiu for a couple years, and just received an AGC Hybrid - I'm running Maven B2 9x45's, which I knew would be a stretch in the smaller AGC pouch size. It is certainly doable but you're right at the limit and eliminate all of the lid overlap.

Couple things I would note for anyone looking at harnesses, I have been looking for a better mousetrap for some time.
- the AGC is very , very well built. I can't stand how damn big those buckles are though, I think what Kuiu employs is ideal.
- AGC sits lower on my torso - I'm 5'8" and literally run out of vertical adjustment. And if keeping the AGC I'd cut the extra straps, they are unruly with me maxing them down.
- the weight difference between the kuiu and AGC is marked. Both are comfortable with glass in them, but I can REALLY tell going between them.
- I can't see the rangefinder holder working well on the kuiu - when you pull your binds out, having a rangefinder on the bottom straps really drags the system down.
- while the AGC feels bigger than the Kuiu, it really isn't that big of a deal, for me at least. I really like that front AGC pocket.
- forward fold vs up: I used the think that was important until trying the AGC. I value that fully enclosed pouch more than the ones back of Kuiu. Even though the AGC kid flips up, it folds flat against your chest and is easy to use.

Honestly I don't think anyone could really go wrong with the AGC system - for me personally, I'd like to see the harnessing and attachment cleaned up a bit. Or maybe a smaller size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I like the look I that OV harness. Hadn't seen it prior to this thread. I was pleased with my AGC overall, but went down in size to 8x32 swaros so I picked up the Muley Freak to run with them for this season. Used them recently on a 3 day scouting trip. Much, much lighter than the AGC, but there are obvious tradeoffs as it's not as "solid" feeling either. I have the smaller of the two and it is a gloved fit, I wouldn't want to have binos any larger in there or it could turn into a two handed operation. Only issue I had was some skin irritation on my neck from the harness system. The front straps aren't padded at all, and as I was wearing a t-shirt in the warmer weather, I had no skin protection from the rough edge of the strap. Kind of a minor issue, but something I'd like to see them improve upon.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Returning my MuleyFreak harness after just one trip to the archery range. Rides up on my neck a bit too much for my liking. I've been running a homemade harness for 3 years now that is on its lasts legs. Going to go with the FHF harness I believe after this one is returned. FWIW I bought my GF a MuleyFreak harness as well and she loves it.

Mike

Rrobason

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Marsupial Gear... I am a fan... even though it is not a full containment... I haven’t had any problems... but as a disclaimer it has only spent roughly 20-25 days in the field with it.