Electrolyte supplements

Emergen-c. dump a packet on your tongue (don't inhale) and wash it down with a few gulps of water. Saves your water bottles, and you can enjoy unflavored water the rest of the time.

If you don't like sweet drinks, you have 3 great options in pill form: Hammer Endurolytes, Salt Stick and S Caps. They are ranked in order from lowest to highest sodium content. For hunting I would do either of the first two, leaning more towards Endurolytes. I do like NUUN and Skratch Labs, though they have a sweeter taste profile with a lower calorie content.

Yeah but can any of these start a fire? LOL

[video=youtube;0YAu2Dsh_Zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YAu2Dsh_Zc[/video]

Squirrels

WKR
I've been looking for some alternatives myself, great thread.

With that being said I've got 4 tubes of Nuun tablets if any one is interested, 1 tube is missing one tablet.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
Nuun Hydration/Energy for electrolytes alone.

Nuun Performance for added calories with electrolytes.

It's the top selling electrolyte drink in sport specialty markets (think REI, roadrunner sports) etc for a reason. Triathletes drive the market and those folks know performance nutrition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just eat proper and don't overhydrate. If you're constantly peeing, you're drinking to much water, flushing your body. Funny how in today's world everyone wants to supplement proper nutrition.

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
I just eat proper and don't overhydrate. If you're constantly peeing, you're drinking to much water, flushing your body. Funny how in today's world everyone wants to supplement proper nutrition.

I went on an overnight a few weeks ago and drank about 7 liters of water and only went to the bathroom roughly 3 times. I was sweating out most of the water and I could tell a lot of salt was coming out with it. For a day it was fine but it got me worried on how I would feel after 6 days.

I went on an overnight a few weeks ago and drank about 7 liters of water and only went to the bathroom roughly 3 times. I was sweating out most of the water and I could tell a lot of salt was coming out with it. For a day it was fine but it got me worried on how I would feel after 6 days.

Understandable, proper nutrition would help that though. I get supplementation though, i prefer eating proper though to alleviate that.

Daniel_M

WKR
Proper nutrition isn't easy to achieve in the woods, though, considering most guys pack with weight in mind hence lighter weight, refined and processed foods. All of which can throw off recovery during a high exertion trip.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since we're segwaying into general nutrition,. Bk if you just feel like crap don't be afraid to go down into town for a midday oxygen,hydration, steak lunch break. Quality over quantity of hunting time is sometimes needed. Stay away from pizzahut

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
Understandable, proper nutrition would help that though. I get supplementation though, i prefer eating proper though to alleviate that.

My current meal plan is heathers choice for breakfast and dinner along with stinger waffles, jerkey and other packable snacks during the day. Lunch will most likely be a peanut butter, bacon and honey wrap. Any recommendations on what to add to my food supply?

Daniel_M

WKR
My current meal plan is heathers choice for breakfast and dinner along with stinger waffles, jerkey and other packable snacks during the day. Lunch will most likely be a peanut butter, bacon and honey wrap. Any recommendations on what to add to my food supply?

Depends on what your body runs on the most. I'm over 50% in carbs alone, but tough to achieve in the woods.

Nature Valley Biscuits - Almond Butter is the shizz. Whole grain and high carb.
Peanut Butter
Almonds
Tortillas
Cheese

Sounds good, I would add more dried fruit, raisins, apricot, apple, banana etc. salted nuts, esp almonds due to high calories. I will skimp on weight elsewhere to be able to pack more/better quality food. Sounds like you're on the right track and should not need to supplement.

Squirrels

WKR
Anybody used the Gatorade or Powerade single serve powder packs. The nuun tablets taste awful to me and I got some of the emergen c sports electrolyte mix and it is only slightly better taste wise.

Davebuech

WKR
I tried the MtOps and nun tablets. Didnt like either of them. Yes, now I am just using Gatorade mix. A half pack for a liter bottle is the way I like it.

Anybody used the Gatorade or Powerade single serve powder packs. The nuun tablets taste awful to me and I got some of the emergen c sports electrolyte mix and it is only slightly better taste wise.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but I use the propel packets. I don't know how good they are electrolyte/ nutrition wise but the strawberry-kiwi tastes pretty good. I mix it weak, 1 pack per liter of water.