Electrolyte supplements

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

Can anyone recommend some good electrolyte supplements? I am not a fan of sweet drinks and really only drink water on a daily basis but looking for a supplement to have in the backcountry. Any ideas?

BK

oldgoat

WKR

PF_JM

FNG
Wilderness Athlete Hydrate and Recover. I am liking it better than the Enduro. I like the fact that it has BCAAs.

Big fan of WA. I like to mix energy and focus with Hydrate and Recover. They call it a superman. Wasn't a big fan of enduro

Gotta be careful with the Superman mix- if I have any of the Energy & Focus after noon I have a hard time falling asleep that night. I guess everyone's body responds differently to caffeine but I only do the Energy & Focus in the morning.

Brendan

WKR
Most of the time - Nuun Active. Just pure electrolyte tabs that come in convenient packaging. Sort of like an Alka-Seltzer tab you drop in your water as needed.

I will also pre-mix WA Hydrate & Recover and Energy & Focus packets to bring with me on my hunts.

Bynumlife

Lil-Rokslider
I like the WA Hydrate and Recovery mixed with their energy and focus. They call it the super man. Been using it for the last 6 month daily while doing CrossFit and training for the backcountry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idcuda

WKR
I use Salt Stick. Running and triathlon forums are a great source for info, too.

Titan

WKR
Nuun are good for what they are...not the best tasting in my opinion.

I really like Skratch Labs stuff. Good ingredients and mellower taste. The matcha one tastes great and has some natural caffeine.
I posted in the nutrition sections quite a few different products I have used.

A BCAA supplement (depending on what you are taking) won't have electrolytes.

novcie870

WKR
Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes are awesome and I highly recommend them.

Me too. Ive been using Hammer products for years since I started running marathons. It doesnt have any artificial sweetners or frankensugars. It is the only thing that has never upset my stomach. I use their Heed (electrolyes plus calories), Endurloyte Fizz (just electrolytes, no calories) and their Recoverite is awesome!