Charging camera batts in the field

Does anyone just hunt anymore.

Me, personally, I am not filming. Just taking it for some scenic pictures; ideally some wildlife ones while glassing (although I don't have a ridiculously high zoom lens); and then hopefully some after the kill photos.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to document your adventure. Photography is just another hobby, and its pretty cool to be able to combine hunting/photography together.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
A permit is not needed (in Idaho at least) if you are not profiting from the footage. I like to film and take pictures while I hunt because I'm addicted to sharing them on social media and checking my phone every 5 minutes to see how many likes I have received. Not really! Personally, I haven't filmed a lot,but it is only because I haven't had the equipment. I have taken a fair amount of game, so now I want to capture the moment(s) when my hunting partners have opportunities so we can re-live them and share them with other outdoorsman and women who enjoy watching hunting films. I'm in a position now where I can invest in some decent equipment and pursue a passion that I have had since the outdoor channel first aired. I'm not sure of the statistics, but I'm guessing that 99.50%(+/-) of hunters don't film and just hunt. I would be willing to bet that a fair percentage of them enjoy watching hunting videos/television.

EXACTLY. I didn't really get why people did it either before I started hunting, but now, after podcasting and blogging about my hunts on the Avery Adventures website, not only do I get to 're-live' the hunt, but also it gets me really excited for the upcoming season! I do it for my own enjoyment, and if others like to watch it, cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro