Legal shooting light dilemma

UtahJimmy

WKR
So I've got a really nice buck coming into my camera in a Northern Utah unit. Problem is that he only seems to be active between 11:30 and 11:40 AM.

Would it we legal to harvest during the Eclipse?

some states have specific provisions about not hunting with the aid of artificial light. most also have the standard half hour before and after sunrise/sunset. I am guessing it would all hinge on how your laws are written

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! What a once in a lifetime question. Best to call local g&f get an email answer or at least the name of who said what.

KJH

WKR
Fun question... No dilemma in my opinion. If you could shoot it during the middle of the eclipse without artificial light, then do it. Its technically between legal sunrise and sunset, even if the moon is blocking the sun. Let that arrow fly.

Don't go outside during the eclipse! The aliens will get you. Stay in your bunker away from electronic devices. You must be crazy thinking about going hunting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

adamm88

WKR
My assumption was assuming this was a legal season and there was no special regs in place and you harvested to all legal methods(no artificial light) its fair game, the real question that i have is say you have a buck(im thinking whitetail because that what im familiar with) that is nocturnal and your in the line where it goes dark will it move that you could capitalize on it. Also i think there are very few whitetail seasons in at that point but just more thinking out loud.