Dudes with nut allergies-What are you taking for food?

KBC

WKR
I'm allergic to nuts and seafood. Everyone is taking single servings of peanut butter/almond butter or granola bars/protein bars etc. If it doesn't have nuts in it, it says "may contain nuts" in the ingredients so I can't eat it.

What are you people with food allergies taking into the woods to eat?

:D

ROJO23

FNG
I cannot have peanuts either. Sun butter is a great alternative, it is made from sunflower seeds. it is pretty high in fat and calories. It taste very much like peanut butter. Whole foods has the single serving packages.

Tuna packets is a for sure, try making your own protein bars I did didn't turn out too bad....it just ultimately comes down to researchin and finding what works best for. I've got the Same problem and it totally sucks not being able to use peanut batter packets or whatever

GotDraw?

WKR
You will get this done.

A while back, I competed in a hilly 1200k cycling ultramarathon and successfully finished in 84hrs (including sleep), fueled almost exclusively by liquid diet (no nuts). I've also completed numerous 200k, 400k and and 600k events on the same diet. My performance level was high and I was never hungry/bonking.

PM me if you want more details. I am too busy to write a full note, full day today.

JL

reaper

WKR
I have a buddy who wants to hunt with me in a near futur and he is allergic to all Pinuts...like freaking allergic,he can die if it doesn't have his EpiPen niddle.I have to be honest its scare the shit out of me,all my foods contain nuts,almonds,pinut butter ect...man thats gonna be hard when we'll eat,i will be 20 meter from him to be sure haha!!
How the hell you can live this way? Haha kidding.
I never kill him yet or anything when he comes for diner at home in 15 years but i have,well the wife have the control of the kitchen,in the backcountry it will be harder to watch eveything.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Tuna packets, that's where it's at!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Probably but unfortunately tuna falls into the seafood category so no tuna either.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
I cannot have peanuts either. Sun butter is a great alternative, it is made from sunflower seeds. it is pretty high in fat and calories. It taste very much like peanut butter. Whole foods has the single serving packages.
I use Wow butter at home but will look into the Sun butter, Thanks!

muddydogs

WKR
Are you allergic to seafood or shellfish? Can you eat fish? If you don't know maybe you need to see a doc and figure out just what you're allergic to.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
I'm definitely allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and fish.

AlaskaEd

WKR
My son has a peanut allergy, so my wife makes a lot of snacks. She uses oats and coconut (and coconut oil) and make granola/energy bars. Also sunflower, dried fruits, jerky, craisins, raisins, barley/grains, chocolate covered coffee beans. You can buy just about any food in dehydrated form as well. Olive oil is high in calories, dip crackers/bread in it. Tons of options, you just have to think outside the box (or forums) and do a little preparation.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
My son has a peanut allergy, so my wife makes a lot of snacks. She uses oats and coconut (and coconut oil) and make granola/energy bars. Also sunflower, dried fruits, jerky, craisins, raisins, barley/grains, chocolate covered coffee beans. You can buy just about any food in dehydrated form as well. Olive oil is high in calories, dip crackers/bread in it. Tons of options, you just have to think outside the box (or forums) and do a little preparation.

Thanks for the tips. I plan on picking up a dehydrator in the next few weeks and starting to make my own. I'll post up some stuff once I get it figured out.