Day Pack?

Looking to get a new day pack and was wondering what kind you guys use? I want something that isn't huge. Just a pack to haul around the daily basics.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I just purchased a Mystery Ranch Scapegoat 25. It seems to be about the perfect pack for my daily hunts. It seems very well built also. I have only used it on day hikes so far but on one trip I put 3 10lb weights in it with a few layers, water bottles, and snacks and I couldnt even tell it was on my back for the entire hike.

i've bought and sold 3 spike camps each time thinking i was onto a better daypacksystem but something about that pack draws me back in. now i have a fourth one.

1signguy

WKR
Do you have a frame you can attach a new smaller pack to? One of the reasons I purchased a Kifaru was the versatility to run many different packs.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running an ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit - Can usually find them for well under $100 on sale or Amazon. Worked great for both me and my brother last year during our pack-in trip to Colorado. I like ALPS stuff. Not high end, and probably wouldn't be the best choice if your are hard core outdoors and in the mountains several months each year. But their stuff will probably last me the rest of my life using it 1 week a year on my elk hunts. For a working man on a budget it is good quality for the $$$

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you all know anything about me, it's that I love my Kiraru's. Got a couple of them:D, but I still prefer to hunt with a small lightweight pack. I've been using the Badlands Stealth for a number of years. It got replaced this year with the Sprint. Super light, quiet, and it's smaller than me so it's never rubbing or scraping. I hunt the dense dark timber and it works perfect for all my day items, kill kit, etc. I can haul out loins, backstraps, and antlers pretty easy on first trip back to get my Kifaru.

The Exo K2 2000 is a great daypack. Same frame as all their packs. Has the capability to haul out an entire boned out mule deer or sheep in one trip, or as much elk as you can stand. If backpack hunting is in your future you can just purchase the 3500 or 5500 bags at that time, as the frame will work with all their packs.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I bought a Kifaru AMR. It has a ton of space that doesn't weigh anything, but is great for when an elk hits the ground. Itpacks down pretty small for my day hunts.

wesfromky

WKR
I bought a Kifaru Antero last year for EDC / scouting / day pack, but once I got my Kifaru frame and woodsmen, I mostly just use it now. Cinches down really well, and as others have said, you can haul a lot of weight if you need too.