Venison or elk homemade dog food recipes?

dog812

WKR
Hey I recently got a new puppy and we have been thinking about making or own food.
Anyone have some good recipes?

pwsINC

WKR
Giving a dog elk seems crazy. You must be a WAAAAAYYYYY better hunter than me to have enough laying around for the pets. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hey I recently got a new puppy and we have been thinking about making or own food.
Anyone have some good recipes?

I do it with all of my game animals. All scraps, grind the bone to a powder, add your fat. Give it to them raw.... you tube has some great recipes for raw diets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought about doing that with road questionable kill deer when I was considering a dog. It would be cheaper and better for the dog but would take quite a bit extra work.

aron

WKR
My dog had food allergies at one point so I made my own dog food using raw beef instead of venison/elk.

10# raw burger
18 hard boiled eggs (shell and all)
added dinovite supplement for the missing nutrients.

break up the eggs/shells and mix everything together.

desertcj

WKR
Hmmmm, throw trim/silver skin into dog bowl, done. Throw leg bone into kennel, done. Those are my dog food recipes.

my uncle would take all his scraps and freeze them together. He called it a meatsicle for his dogs. the dogs would lay around in the summer and lick the meatsicle.

sodak

FNG
Dog nutrition is a little more than just 100% meat. I would recommend asking your vet to assist. There was a book called "Clinical Nutrition of the Dog and Cat" that had a lot of food requirements at every growth stage and some recipes to make those diets.

Remember that the coyotes and wolves eat the entire carcass (liver, marrow, etc). So a 100% meat diet doesn't meet nutritional requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squirrel

WKR
Grab road kill... throw in truck... drive home... unload. dogs do not need to cross fence to chomp on roadkill /trainkill getting hit by same. Results in gassy but live dogs, legality... somewhat questionable, use the "I feared for their lives" defense.