The boxer or the fighter?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whatcha all think? Should be an interesting event.........I kinda think Macgregor will win if he can keep it to about 4 rounds. It will be a long night for him if it goes 12.

Randy

jmez

WKR
I'll put the over under at 10 on the number of times Macgregor actually hits him. I'll take the unders. It is going to be a joke. Connor is going to get clowned for 12 rounds.

I'm thinking MacGregor will get beat, but it's gonna be at least 5-6 rounds before he gets knocked out. This is gonna resemble the first Rocky movie. We're gonna watch a guy get pummeled by a professional boxer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If it were an MMA fight MacGregor would win easily. Unfortunately this is a boxing match against one of the greatest of all time. He is going to worked and clowned for 12 rounds. Mayweather will play with him like a cat toys with a mouse.

Mike7

WKR
I am fairly certain that McGreggor would put him to sleep in some fashion easily in under 1 minute in an MMA bout. In a pure boxing match though with Floyd's boxing defense (maybe the best ever) and slick use of every boxing trick and referee advantage possible...well, that is going to be a tall order for McGreggor to overcome.

EastMT

WKR
He's going to make about as much as 25 MMA fights, at that price I'd crawl in there too for that price thinking this won't last long lol

May weather. TKO in the 7th. Mac will come out storming. May will do what he does and there won't be much landed. By round 3 may will have his distance and Mac will start eating shots. 4 rounds of beating.

Floyd may lose if he is too cocky. Haven't heard much about how his training is going but with his attitude he may not actually be ready for a real fight.

Either way its just a money grab. First it was Rhonda but that wasn't going to work so now its Connor. Someone had been chasing this cash cow for a while.

HOT ROD

WKR
There is no way Floyd knocks out Connor.. It was a big mistake.. When Floyd agreed to the lighter cloves.. Because Connor can punch... Connor will weight around 170 at fight time.. He makes this a dirty boxing match.. Catches Floyd with one left hand its over....

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see how Connor avoids getting dominated. He may hit hard for an MMA fighter but punching is all boxers got so its not like Floyd hasn't fought guys who can hit hard when that's all they do.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
Mayweather is one of the best technical boxers in history, meaning he understands what it takes to win each round and yes he can fight too. I think anyone who writes McGregor off is missing just how hard that left hand is and he can take a punch too.

If McGregor lands an unexpected left he could knock out Mayweather otherwise Floyd wins.

If McGregor wins there will be a new picture in the dictionary of the most arrogant man alive!

Beendare

WKR
I think we have an example of good boxer v MMA fighter; Rhonda Rousey v Nunes.

That Nunes just punched the crap out of her. I think this will be a joke as Mayweather could be the best boxer in his weight class of all time.

Now a couple of interesting things; I heard on sports talk [only slightly more reliable that internet info- grin] that if any martial arts tactics are used McGregor forfeits 90% of the purse.

Mayweather is at his titty bar....err 'Gentlemans Club' that he owns in Vegas every night.

Mayweather claims it won't go the distance implying a knockout....but his track record is almost all decisions...only couple knockouts.

Mayweather claims to have bet $5mill on himself...some say its an excuse for him to lose and get the real big money rematch [the $5m being chump change in comparison to his purse] I doubt that as Mayweather est worth in 2016 is $340m...with at least another $100m coming in on this fight...he isn't going to throw this for a rematch- no way.