Zen ray Optics Warranty

Bownut400

FNG
Hi guys I normally would just talk to the factory but it's Sunday.
My 15x45 spotting scope broke something in the eye piece. If you rattle it around you can kind of see stuff. It not acceptable, my daughters boyfriend has a unit 45 archery buck tag and we really need a spotter
If you have had dealings with zen ray it might put my mind at ease.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're warranty department is atrocious. Good luck getting them to answer a phone call or email. Once you do finally get authorization to send it in, it takes a couple of weeks and sometimes a phone call before you get your item back. I've sent my bino in twice for alignment. Not impressed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
Bownut400

Bownut400

FNG
Thanks Brandon.
I'm going to get another spotter in the mean time to get us by.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
They were quick to respond to an email for me, but I didn't end up needing to send my binos in, so can't speak to anything more than that.

Titan

WKR
I think Charles is the only employee at Zen-Ray. Communication is extremely spotty. As in multiple responses in a day and then nothing for weeks/months. I had some issues and literally called his phone over and over for about 10 minutes before I finally got a call back.

It's really unfortunate, as the glass is as good as it gets for the money.

OP
Bownut400

Bownut400

FNG
I have checked back at ZenRay website. They have removed any phone numbers and no way to contact them. I'm pretty sure I am screwed from any warranty.

Titan

WKR
(503) 360-5352

That should be Charles' phone number. Unless it doesn't work anymore.

ACC

FNG
I have some ED3 bino's that need to be returned for warranty. One email sent to ZenRay a couple weeks ago remains unanswered, I guess I need to get back at it and spam them once a day.

OP
Bownut400

Bownut400

FNG
That's my
Plan. Lol. Together maybe we can get some answers.

Titan

WKR
Let us know how it goes. On some other forums, it looks like the customer service has gone further downhill. One person said he finally got a warranty unit sent back and it was padded with an old t shirt.

Hopefully my set of binos never have an issue.

OP
Bownut400

Bownut400

FNG
I made my daily call and left message today, this will make the 4th attempt at contacting.

OP
Bownut400

Bownut400

FNG
2e40fd461f4d27329e3f1cf372860105.jpg

Didn't need a spotter at 40 yds.

2ski

WKR
I bought my Prime binoculars a couple years ago when they were available for pre-order because of the warranty and it sounded like they would be some good glass. But if something happens and that's no longer available there's no reason to use Zen ray Glass anymore. I guess that's what you get with a small company. They may or may not make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

choovhntr

WKR
All I can say is keep after them. Took me several attempts to finally get anything done. When I got them back the only performed the bare minimum of work. While they covered what they needed too, I was pretty unimpressed. I have since moved on and they are now my truck binoculars. Good luck