Welcome Outdoor Vision, Made in The USA (and win a bino harness)

Hunter6

WKR
I would like to throw my name in the hat for the review.

I have a deer hunt in Easter Oregon that opens sept 30th. I'm planing on a 5 day camping trip to punch this tag and if I'm unsuccessful return for the last three days of the season. I'm planing on at least one hopefully two more scouting trips before my deer hunt.
My wife also has a cow elk hunt open now until the end of December. We are planing on a few day trips to get that accomplished.

I also have a bear tag that I might make a trip or two for if I'm successful early with my deer tag.

I had an elk tag but that's already punched .

I currently run an AGC bino harness for my swaro el 12x50 binos. I like it enough but would like to see if there is anything better out there. It's always nice to trade up.

So I have some time in the field coming up and think I could put this harness to good use and see how it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Dang it! I leave for CO on the 6th and would love to run one of these side by side with my FHF since it seems to have a couple of feature I wish the FHF had.

LandYacht

WKR
I very seriously considered purchasing the Ridgetop Lite harness. Emailed them about by Zeiss HT 10x42s and had a quick reply that indicated a bit more research was required. The next day I had my answer.

I ended up modding a BinoBro that I already had in order to save some gas money for the LandYacht for trips to my hunting grounds.

I am currently working on an either sex archery elk tag here in Colorado. This will be followed by a muzzle loader cow tag and then helping a buddy with a unit 61 elk tag. When that's done it's off to fill my mule deer buck tag in southwest Colorado and then a little break until I chase after speed goats in December. After the calendar turns there will be plenty of predator hunts to get me to turkey season in the spring.

I'm still right on the fence when it comes to throwing down the coin for the Lite harness. I've been pleased with my mods to the BinoBro, but I still have the nagging thought about the Lite.

I'll be able to post my feedback and I even know how to post pictures!

Thanks for the opportunity and looking forward to the prospective of more information about this company. Part of the reason I didn't end up making a purchase was the lack of feedback in comparison to other products that had launched at around the same time as well.

Hope to see a USA company not only succeed, but thrive in this sector.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Got my Outdoor Vision harness and ranger finder holder in the mail today, will be doing a review of it once I have spent some time behind it.

Thanks,
Boswell

Outdoor Vision, welcome to Rokslide! I look forward to your innovative products.

Obviously, I'd like to throw my hat into the review mix. I have a AGC bino harness that I love. But I was a bit disappointed in it while hunting in the rain. So that rain cover is attractive, as is the forward opening and magnetic closure.

I'm in southern Ca, and hunt wild pigs year round, and generally hunt them 1 to 2 times a month. I have 2 deer tags in which I can hunt the archery season, and rifle season (end of Sept till mid Nov). I also have a bear tag to fill. In general, I have ample opportunity to fill all those tags numerous times, but sometimes I get a little selective). I've written about a few products here and other forums, and have no problem providing an honest review as I put a product through some serious use.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Bubblehide

focker34

Lil-Rokslider
I have no issues with my AGC harness, but I am intrigued by the magnet closure and built in rain cover. To me, that really demonstrates that these guys understand their consumers.

I'll be chasing mule deer with my bow until October. If successful before then, I will then target a good blacktail. If a colored bear shows itself it may be in trouble too.

Also have to mention the novelty turkey and pig hunt in California at the end of fall.

It's good to see rokslide continue to work with made in the USA companies.

Thanks for the opportunity gents.

muleyman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pronghorn hunt in southern Idaho this year as well as a Wyoming pronghorn and a 3rd season mule deer hunt in Colorado. This is in addition to the general season Idaho tags. I would be happy to put these through the grinder and report back on my findings after each hunt, through varied terrains and weather. Optics play a vital role in my hunting style and I am very picky about what i use to protect these very serious investments. I will be very thorough and fair in my evaluation. If chosen that is.

Zbot

WKR
I've got a late cow solo hunt in December and also hunt Texas throughout the year for free range exotics, mostly sheep but others as well. We hike in the mountains here in Nevada weekly and I like to take my binos with me. Feedback would be in a week or so on a good long hike.

Their Scree gaiters look nice, but they need a new product photo. If I wore them with the opening on the the inside seam like they show, the velcro might accidently get kicked open and ruin a stalk.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Their Scree gaiters look nice, but they need a new product photo. If I wore them with the opening on the the inside seam like they show, the velcro might accidently get kicked open and ruin a stalk.

No Velcro on their gaiters at all 👍🏻, zipper closures. Great improvement IMO over the typical style. I agree on keeping the closures on the outside though, personal preference.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Roksliders, you didn't make this easy. I ready every single entry and took notes carefully. you all have some great opps to test this but in the end it came down to

Utahjimmy
with experience with all those other harnesses, and early tags, I had to go with him. (skaldugwas was a close second)

Fire me an email at [email protected] and let's get this coming so you have it for the Wyoming hunt which I'm assuming is coming right up.

for the review, if you guys subscribe at "Thread Tools" lead post, you'll get an notification when he starts posting. We'll put the review on another clean thread, but will post the link here once he starts posting.

Thanks everyone, watch for more opportunities like this one....

UtahJimmy

WKR
OK Roksliders, you didn't make this easy. I ready every single entry and took notes carefully. you all have some great opps to test this but in the end it came down to

Utahjimmy
with experience with all those other harnesses, and early tags, I had to go with him. (skaldugwas was a close second)

Fire me an email at [email protected] and let's get this coming so you have it for the Wyoming hunt which I'm assuming is coming right up.

for the review, if you guys subscribe at "Thread Tools" lead post, you'll get an notification when he starts posting. We'll put the review on another clean thread, but will post the link here once he starts posting.

Thanks everyone, watch for more opportunities like this one....

Wow, thanks Outdoor Vision and Robby for the opportunity!

I'll post my initial impression upon receiving and put it to good use in short order (that WY hunt starts next Friday)!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LandYacht

WKR
Looking forward to seeing the feedback, only thing that was lacking for me to buy one last month.

Guess I should have mentioned that I ate three harnesses for breakfast lol! I've lost count of the ones I've had it's kinda sad. Really hoping this will be one of those that fits the bill.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jimmy can you give us a comparison of which harnesses you've tried already and what features they had/lacked that made you move on from them. I'm currently using the marsupial pouch which I like a bunch but always interested in finding the perfect way to carry my binoculars

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk