Welcome Outdoor Vision, Made in The USA (and win a bino harness)

UtahJimmy

WKR
Jimmy can you give us a comparison of which harnesses you've tried already and what features they had/lacked that made you move on from them. I'm currently using the marsupial pouch which I like a bunch but always interested in finding the perfect way to carry my binoculars

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Of course! I also bought their rangefinder pouch so I can test the full system they offer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OK Roksliders, you didn't make this easy. I ready every single entry and took notes carefully. you all have some great opps to test this but in the end it came down to

Utahjimmy
with experience with all those other harnesses, and early tags, I had to go with him. (skaldugwas was a close second)

Fire me an email at [email protected] and let's get this coming so you have it for the Wyoming hunt which I'm assuming is coming right up.

for the review, if you guys subscribe at "Thread Tools" lead post, you'll get an notification when he starts posting. We'll put the review on another clean thread, but will post the link here once he starts posting.

Thanks everyone, watch for more opportunities like this one....

Congrats! Been in the woods myself will be doing a review on the gaiters after archery season. So far no issues. Put in 10 miles yesterday and 7 today. Back to the grind tomorrow

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Any idea how long they take to ship? I ordered a Ridgetop and a rang finder pouch last week and have only received an order conformation. I've sent some messages to them with that question and haven't gotten a reply. I didn't do any research as to how long their lead times are before I ordered, so I'm just wondering if I'll see it by the 19th.

A-hole marketing guy here...need a video showing the benefits, functionality and quietness of the harness and RF pouch working together. Seeing is believing. My ole FHF is fine but a little noisy for bow hunting. Looking for a better system.

GPATTI

WKR
Where's Bruce-
Take a look at the info on the site in the link below. It should provide you with complete info. We do plan to do a video, but it is not ready yet. Sorry about this. I can tell you that it is VERY quiet. I don't think you will find something quieter. If for any reason you did not agree, you could return for a refund. Any questions, please PM me and I'd be glad to answer.

Binocular Harness | Bino Harnesses, Rangefinder Carry Solutions, Gaiters, Accessories

Thanks, Geoff

Your site doesn't even have a photo showing the 2 products paired together. You could video a quick demo of the product on a phone if you wanted to. Site isn't motivating me. You can be insulted or informed, your choice. The price of clarity is the risk of insult. That's my motto. Seeing is believing.

I think this unit would benefit from a few refinements,

[video=youtube;SEh0fP8zQ-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEh0fP8zQ-w[/video]

This guy devastates the Kuiu harness at 8:40 mins. LOL Some of his comments I disagree with (like the pockets on the side of the FHF not being big enough to hold a wind checker...holds mine) and I like the spartan style straps of the FHF harness cuz i can slip it on and off with touching the buckles. If it opened like the Marsupial and was quieter i'd like it more.

[video=youtube;yBiQRpy3X2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBiQRpy3X2M[/video]

I am reserving judgment on the OV product until I see some actual reviews from those not affiliated with the manufacturer. Those opinions carry more clout with me. Couldn't find any online.

Last edited:
Just got my OV harness yesterday in the mail. Haven't had much time to play with it but I'll answer what questions I can as they come up. I'm not associated with them and paid full retail for it. I decided on it because it's similar to the Marsupial gear and OV is a small company I haven't heard of except for here.

Thanks for that. So the top portion of the OV harness doesn't appear to tuck away like the Marsupial...is that correct? The RF holder does tuck away and appears to provide superior access to your RF.

[video=youtube;sa3L1_Uzi78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa3L1_Uzi78[/video]

I see the OV model has a rather large piece that rests against your back...something I have avoided for the sake of noise from rubbing against my backpack frame and added sweating. The FHF and Marsupial don't have this. Is this a valid concern? I am a ground pounder and always wear a pack when hunting.

Last edited:

aron

WKR
I just purchased the OV Harness to try out. I currently have a Marsupial Gear and Kuiu and have tried a FHF. I've only got to mess with the OV for a few minutes last night. I don't care for the Kuiu as the harness mounts directly to the binos so that is a no go for me. I plan to evaluate the OV and Marsupial throughout the season but both have pros/cons.

I just purchased the OV Harness to try out. I currently have a Marsupial Gear and Kuiu and have tried a FHF. I've only got to mess with the OV for a few minutes last night. I don't care for the Kuiu as the harness mounts directly to the binos so that is a no go for me. I plan to evaluate the OV and Marsupial throughout the season but both have pros/cons.

Great...then i can just copy you and buy what you prefer like I did with the rest of my gear. LOL
Ya gonna try the Muley Freak harness too?

GPATTI

WKR
Where's Bruce -
Not insulted. Thanks for the negative feedback, which we will turn into positive. Sorry the site doesn't motivate you. We are a new company and working through it, trying to get a little better each day. This we will achieve. We stand by our product quality and will stand by those who are interested. Again, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we can earn your interest over time.

This bino harness really piqued my interest until I saw how huge the harness area was in the middle of the back. That's a total deal breaker. I can feel the sweat roll down my back by just looking at it. It needs to be just webbing like the marsupial, less is more in this instance. The "first aid" kit is not necessary as well. Every outdoorsman should a kit that makes those little items seem paltry. I'm not sold in the magnets either. I'm a compass land navigation guy so that could be a deal breaker. Its a great looking system that needs a few tweaks. Best of luck!

GPATTI

WKR
Idaho,
With regard to the comment on the "huge" back panel. Just to clarify, it measures just 3-3/4" wide X 7" tall at the center point. Perhaps the image is deceiving. It is also faced with a spacer mesh to allow for improved cooling. Funny though, as through all of the testing, the high majority of users did not want just webbing on the basis of comfort. We worked to try and hit the 90%.

And, just to clarify, we call the kit a "field aid" kit, not a "first aid" kit as we understand it is certainly not that. Pretty much just has some comfort things that you may forget during a day trip of hunting or scouting. (aspirin, band-aid, lip ointment, antiseptic, sunscreen, insect repellent, etc.).

Hope this clears some things up. I DO APPRECIATE the feedback. In the end, all of these comments just help make us better in the long run. And, that is what we want to strive for. Best - Geoff

And, just to clarify, we call the kit a "field aid" kit, not a "first aid" kit as we understand it is certainly not that. Pretty much just has some comfort things that you may forget during a day trip of hunting or scouting. (aspirin, band-aid, lip ointment, antiseptic, sunscreen, insect repellent, etc.).
I get that you're trying to have that kit has something to help a guy stay comfortable, but honestly my bag of First aide stuff that lives in my day pack already has that sort of stuff in it. I think it's safe to say 90% of us have first aide kits in our packs and leave them there regardless the time of year. It's something that just doesn't get taken out unless we need it or we are refilling it. I like the harness but the field kit is unnecessary.

GPATTI

WKR
Got it. I also carry a first aid kit, but some of these items don't come in it. In any case, you can simply remove it and use the front pocket for other means. I'm sure plenty of people will agree with you and do just that. Thanks again.

Idaho,
With regard to the comment on the "huge" back panel. Just to clarify, it measures just 3-3/4" wide X 7" tall at the center point. Perhaps the image is deceiving. It is also faced with a spacer mesh to allow for improved cooling. Funny though, as through all of the testing, the high majority of users did not want just webbing on the basis of comfort. We worked to try and hit the 90%.

Hope this clears some things up. I DO APPRECIATE the feedback. In the end, all of these comments just help make us better in the long run. And, that is what we want to strive for. Best - Geoff

Good perspective...very smart. Understanding the desires of your target consumer is crucial to a business. I wish you much success.