Kuiu mobile showroom feedback?

Let's hear your take on the kuiu tour. Are the promos and hands-on worth a 3 hour drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
Well it depends on if they talk to you or not. Spent about 20 minutes in it looking around and the only guy that acknowledged my existence was the guy out showing the tents. And its not like everyone was busy. Some employees were just standing around BSing about stuff. I mean not even a "hi" as they were walking by me as I was trying on stuff. I guess you don't need to have good customer service when you're an "aspirational brand".

It was cool to see and be able to try on things. But I don't think anything was on sale. You just got to feel it and place an order. You couldn't walk out of there with anything. Save your gas money and order anything you want to check out and then return it if you don't like it. Less money probably when you account for gas for 6 hours all together.

i drove about an hour and a half. Bored on a Sat afternoon and wanted to get out of the house. It was cool, and unlike 2ski I had people all over me... Maybe I'm Cuter!...lol. It was cool but if you know your sizes, don't spend the time. Everything is 10% off and if you spend over 300 it's 15%. I bought a hat and the tall gaiters. it was nice to try them on as I was unsure about that size. I did get my order yesterday, without the hat. It is no longer available, and no acknowledgement that it wasn't. No biggie I have plenty of hats.

It would be nice if they do this again next year to have a few swag things like headgear and the logo stuff right there for sale. If I were a marketing guy, I would definitely do that. I understand they can't carry all that inventory around. BTW...they were able to check stock on their tablets. One other thing that was odd was taking orders on paper order forms and they are not necessarily synced to your existing account if you have one. I would think it would be hi tech enough to do online ordering right from the trailer.

All in all it was ok. The presentation was good, and it is a good way to get your presence out there. Unless I had something specific I was looking for or wanted a pack fitted...something, I wouldn't drive 3 hours. Just my opinion.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in Dallas and they only had one fitting area with ten people deep. The guy made his wife go back and forth trying things on for 20 minutes without leaving the fitting room. Finally left and will order online and just return it if it doesn't fit.

OP
S
Thanks all. Lines up with what I was thinking. I'll save the gas money and check their outlet site periodically. There's stuff I want but nothing I really need anyway.

Don't waste your time.

Kuiu. I hope you read this. I was about to drop some serious, I do mean series coin at that truck. I waited months for that thing to show up in my town.

First, I felt it was misleading, you can't buy a single thing there, not even a hat or a sticker. Why the hell would I buy it there in a showroom truck when I can buy it at home?

Second, they don't take cash. Only cards, so don't bring your hard earned American dollars.

Third, it's like a apple store for hunting gear. All the employees are walking around with iPads, asking you for personal info for the mailing list etc.

I was prepared to spend a sh!t ton of money that day. Instead I left with a bad kuiu taste in my mouth.

I'm in Dallas and they only had one fitting area with ten people deep. The guy made his wife go back and forth trying things on for 20 minutes without leaving the fitting room. Finally left and will order online and just return it if it doesn't fit.

Yeah, I thought they would have more changing space. It was pretty slow when I was there too, so it wasn't utilized much. They said they had been slammed the day before so I can see how it would be an issue.

I do hope they read some of this. If they do it again, there are some definite improvements they could make.

Yet-it did have an apple store kind of vibe now that I think about it.

They did have free stickers, but like i said, swag and promo gear-hats and t shirts should be available at a minimum...

Beendare

WKR
A great idea not executed quite right. It was supposed to have the benefit of brick and mortar where you could see/touch/try on... bwhile still being an online outlet.

It sounds likeall they need is a few portable changing rooms. IMO, key to this high dollar gear is identify what you want and the size then wait for sales.

It's was nice to see it all before the DSC show.

I read the announcement and knew there was not any for sale stock. That would probably be a whole other semi.

biggest thing was the ability to try on boots. Texas sucks as far as any retail locations with trekking boots.