Basecamp Bathroom/Shower

Whisky

WKR
Each year we seem to get a little more elaborate in our basecamp setup. I got a couple longer hunts this year (2 weeks) and thinking a bathroom with shower would be a nice addition. Baby wipes and squatting get old...Anyone have any bathroom/shower setups, and how do they work?

See Cabelas has some decent looking options for everything, as well as their privacy shelter.

reaper

WKR
Waterport,not a big tank but i use it for camping,the black one keep the water warm.
You can use the garden hose,hand pump or an electric compressor for putting air in it to get pressure.(there is a valve on the side)
190bda3aee16f53a21b832ce0ced2a20.jpg
ee829d6fec4384182f0623500e2a8217.jpg
81abcd4d04a3d36179c46536c2e17ba1.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

just a cabelas shelter and one of the propane fired heaters..Lodi i think. WE have a cut plastic pallet we use as a shower floor. thinking about rigging up a crapper this year as well too.

muddydogs

WKR
How about the king of pooper stools?

20170831151559-17271a60.jpg

Cut the floor out of a cheap shower tent, mounted a toilet seat on a piece of plywood with 4 pipe legs that unscrew for transport. We usually dig a big hole for the waste and use a garbage bag with the bottom cut out to make sure everything finds the hole.

Btaylor

WKR
In the past used an almost identical toilet setup as above minus the tent. For a shower we used a 5 gallon bucket that we put a spigot in the side. Took a coffee can and poked a bunch of holes in the bottom and added a wire hanger to hang off the spigot. Throw a rope over a limb to raise and lower the bucket. Worked just fine.

GotDraw?

WKR
Wow, you guys go high brow!-- we find a cluster of trees and dig a latrine hole at base camp and feel like we are living in high cotton to have an actual light weight toilet seat duct taped to logs set in a square pattern.

You guys need to get farther back into the backcountry if you need a privacy tent!

Shower? I'm big time jealous if you have a battery powered propane unit. We have a cold stream.

bpctcb

WKR
I hunt 1.5-2 weeks usually. Having a hot shower available is a game changer. My shower setup:

I have a Cabelas bathroom/shower privy with a piece of OSB for the floor. Another piece of OSB outside to dry off & dress on. I take 7 gallon buckets with screw-on lids to haul water from a creek for showering. I take a turkey fryer, 32 qt, to heat up my water. Dump the heated water back into the 7 gallon bucket. Inside the bucket I place a 12v bilge pump with 8-10' hose connected to the shower head from a solar shower. Bilge pump has 10' leads with alligator clamps to connect to truck battery. Run shower head inside privy for a nice warm shower.

BP

sparelink

FNG
For a shower, we have a cabelas shelter and a garden sprayer with a kitchen sink sprayer attached. By using a stainless steel tank, you can fill with water and heat in fire. Rinse, soap, rinse. 2.5 gallons is more than enough for a shower.

As for toilet, again cabelas shelter with a marine porta potty. Have a plywood box for it to sit in to give better ground clearance. Has a little tank we fill to flush afterwards and the waste goes into a hole we dug.

Titan_Bow

WKR
When I was in the Army, we took an old metal folding chair, cut a hole out of the seat, and bolted a toilet bowl lid/seat to it. That was one of the most popular pieces of gear when we were in the field for a long time. Our SGM would track us down and ask where the shitter chair was!

mplane72

FNG
I've tried to attach pics not sure if it will work. First time trying.

Last year we got pretty elaborate with our set up. My buddy bought all this stuff for camping with his wife and 3 daughters but brought it with us as well. It consisted of an on demand propane heater running of a 20# tank, small Honda water pump and pop up shower house like others have pictured. It was nice and worked well, especially with 5 guys in base camp, but to much work for me. This year we're going back to our old stand by. It and a tarp gets the job done.

I will also add that my buddy bought the lodi battery powered one. It left a lot to be desired and he returned it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160927-083339.jpg
    Screenshot_20160927-083339.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 66
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 64

Redside

Lil-Rokslider
I can't comment on showers. But I do multi-day river trips in the summer and on most if not all rivers in the west there is a pack it in pack it out requirement. The most basic is a 20mm ammo can with a seat on top. Below are some other options from companies to use. Most come with a RV hookup that cleans it out. Or you can look for a SCAT machine near you and that would do it too.

http://cascaderivergear.com/product-category/camping/waste-management/toilets/

bz_711

WKR
I took an old plastic Adirondack chair, cut hole, mounted a $5 toilet seat and trimmed the high back off for space saving during travel...very comfy and fit with nice armrests:)

What's a shower?

I used the Zodi pump shower after hurricane Sandy for 4 months to bath and do dishes. Worked just fine, It now goes to deer camp!

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if we got any pics but I have a pretty elaborate setup. if I can find some pics I'll post them up

Richard

rodney482

WKR
A water bladder mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with hot water works great for a shower. Just string it up in a tree.

I enjoy a nice SITW without a toilet.

Popup shelter on amazon for like $30. Lots of portable toilet options for under $50 online.

The shower part involves a stock pot to heat water and a new (never used with chemicals) 2 or more gallon garden sprayer rigged with a kitchen sink hose.

I’ve also seen buckets hung from trees with various hose attachments for a simpler option that takes less space since your bucket and stock pot can fit together. You can also mix 1-2 gallons of boiling water with ~2 gallons of cool water to get a longer shower.