Buyer beware

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up to guys gearing up for upcoming seasons. We often advise guys to buy different items to see which one works best for them and return the others. Make sure you read the fine print because their not all as accommodating to hunters as we might like. I recently purchased a bino harness from one of the smaller companies to give it a try. When it showed up I could tell immediately it was not what I wanted and emailed them the following day to ask how I should return it. I promptly received an email that stated they don't give refunds. I replied to them that I was disappointed in this because I was trying to support a smaller company rather than going to a big box store and that meant ordering items sight unseen. No response to my second email so I'm stuck with $100 bino harness that one of my buddies kids is going to play with. For the record it's ultimately my fault for not reading the fine print, so I'm just trying to make sure that someone else in a gear shoping frenzy doesn't make the same mistake.

dotman

WKR
You should state which company this is to help others that may miss the fine print as well. This isn't a negative comment or thread against a company it is pointing out a company policy most may know about.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
You should state which company this is to help others that may miss the fine print as well. This isn't a negative comment or thread against a company it is pointing out a company policy most may know about.

Definitely please do share. Any Sponsor of Rokslide has an awesome return policy I will be truly sad if its anyone who's a sponsor here and Robby and Ryan need to know.

OP
Hungarydog

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
The muley one right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yes, I know how caught up guys get in gear shopping, I'm no different, and I've always had good interactions with all the companies and roksliders that I've bought gear from so I took it for granted.

As far as I can tell it's not anywhere on their site except in the description for the harness. Was it even there when you ordered or have they since put it on? I'm sure someone on here will take it off your hands and you'll get most of your money back, but this just shows me that they don't stand behind their product enough for you to even like it once you get your hands on it.

OP
Hungarydog

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
I thought about throwing it on the classified, but I'm not comfortable selling something I wasn't satisfied with. I'd rather give it to a kid who will think it's awsome.

elkduds

WKR
From the title of this thread, I thought it referred to not buying anything used from south Texas. Which is sound advice. Another Vizsla fan here, they are my best friends.

Broomd

WKR
I'm trying to get the whole "buyer beware' thing when you won't even disclose the manufacturer.....

Gear reviews can be subjective and most readers would probably realize that, but a 'no-return' policy is something most would appreciate knowing about.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get the whole "buyer beware' thing when you won't even disclose the manufacturer.....

Gear reviews can be subjective and most readers would probably realize that, but a 'no-return' policy is something most would appreciate knowing about.

He has posted about this before its Muley Freak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
I thought about throwing it on the classified, but I'm not comfortable selling something I wasn't satisfied with. I'd rather give it to a kid who will think it's awsome.
Is the lack of satisfaction due to personal preference or problems with quality, missed stitching, bad finish, etc?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Just a heads up to guys gearing up for upcoming seasons. We often advise guys to buy different items to see which one works best for them and return the others. Make sure you read the fine print because their not all as accommodating to hunters as we might like. I recently purchased a bino harness from one of the smaller companies to give it a try. When it showed up I could tell immediately it was not what I wanted and emailed them the following day to ask how I should return it. I promptly received an email that stated they don't give refunds. I replied to them that I was disappointed in this because I was trying to support a smaller company rather than going to a big box store and that meant ordering items sight unseen. No response to my second email so I'm stuck with $100 bino harness that one of my buddies kids is going to play with. For the record it's ultimately my fault for not reading the fine print, so I'm just trying to make sure that someone else in a gear shoping frenzy doesn't make the same mistake.

That's pretty Mickey Mouse on their part. From an outsider's perspective, a company that sells hunting gear (insert blatant Kuiu knockoff/copy here) with no satisfaction backing or return policy can keep their product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Snyder said he'd include this and some other harnesses in a future Gritty Bowmen expanded bino harness review. I'll make sure and mention this to Brian and Snyder when I see them next.

dotman

WKR

Just because you were not satisfied doesn't mean someone else will not. I only sell stuff that just didn't satisfy me and keep what works.

I am also curious if it was just personal preference as to not liking it or what the issue was. If it is poor quality, others may like to know prior to spending money. If it is just it doesn't match your camo then it is a personal reason.
Yes, the no return is good to know, but the reason for the attempt at returning is also a good thing. just my opinion.

Didn't you start a thread or bring this up in another post a week or so ago? Just sell it to someone who will use it and be done with it.

OP
Hungarydog

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't you start a thread or bring this up in another post a week or so ago? Just sell it to someone who will use it and be done with it.

No, I have never posted a thread about this, I just received it last week and if I knew there was a similar thread I wouldn't have posted it. As far as my issues with the harness,the material in the base is not rigid enough to maintain its shape for easy in and out of the binos. The main thing for me is that the back panel (which is where they tried to improve on the kuiu model) is taller than the binos so if you tension the cover enough to be snug on the binos it pulls forward on them and leaves a big gap around the top and sides. If you tension it to go over the back plate now the binos are loose in the harness and flop around. Quality is fine, design is just a little off in my opinion. The point of my thread was just to let guys know not everthing can be returned.

The Muley Freak bino harness sucks but if you hound them with emails and phone calls they will let you ship it back on your dime for a refund. At least they did to me. I let them know exactly what I didn't like about it and how they could improve their product.

Squirrels

WKR
They better change that policy quickly or they won't be around long enough to worry about it.