Buyer beware

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
I was not referring to 1723. The fact is that there are numerous laws that apply, including internet commerce laws. Like most legal issues/regulations, it's a tangled web.
Maybe reread your post #30. You both refer to California civil law 1723 and state that MF is in breach of that law.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So I got a response from MF, here it is:
Aaron VanWoerkom ([email protected])
To:you Details
Thanks for informing us, we appreciate it.

I sure hope you wouldn't avoid us completely because of a couple of peoples' opinions about us, I would hope you would form your own. I know of hundreds of satisfied customers that keep coming back due to our great customer service and due to them having a great experience. We have actually changed the "No Return Policy" to a "Returns on a case by case basis".

If you have more questions about anything feel free to give me a call, thank you.

My response to their response to me was rather scathing.

Floorguy

WKR
I suppose you've never put a lean against an unpaid bill for such ridiculous reasons for a customer to not pay too, which would just be bad business. Just the same as not having a reasonable refund policy is. In today's world, not having a refund policy is simply not being competitive. It's the same as shooting your business in the foot, and watching it bleed out.
That's not the point. I still have to eat the material costs and payroll. All because the person thought that they would like it more once the entire floor was that color even though they didn't really like the sample.

In the end I think we are just different in our approach to things which is fine. I am still rocking an old school camp trails freighter frame because I am not sure what pack I want to put money on. You can ask Luke I have been to his house once a year the last two years trying packs on. Personally it's not worth my time or money to pay return shipping or wait in line at the post office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I think there is a difference between a custom product and a general product. If it was custom product i ordered and didn't like it I would have no problem keeping it. But if i can send it back in original resalable condition and pick up the shipping cost don't see how it costs the business any money. My experience was very poor with muley freak and i hope other people don't have the same experience. I will no longer be purchasing from them again. I think the point of this thread is to give people a warning before they're disappointed.

Best dang post on this thread. If there was something wrong with them, by all means return them. But, to buy and expect them to just take them back because you decided against your purchase, says a whole lot about people and, their understanding of how tough it is for small business in this country. Guys, when you purchase something, you have essentially given your word that you will pay for it. Minus some defect. When you fart around and decide it's not for you and send it back, all you are doing is ensuring that the company losses profit and, the product becomes more expensive. There is little wonder hunting gear is so expensive with so many people looking to ring out these manufacturers. No harm meant with this post but, this is just the way it is. Good luck and God Bless

Dude, you could not be more incorrect! Clearly you NEVER owned a product-based business. I have, repeatedly. Product returns happen frequently, an item doesn't fit, lacks features and/or just doesn't look/feel right once you wear it. Shoe, clothing and accessories companies experience this a great percentage of the time. I take exception to your claim for three big reasons:

1. Any company too stupid to accept immediate returns (unused item) is going to be facing a marketing nightmare as disgruntled consumers post negative comments about them online. From a marketing standpoint, this is nothing shy of suicide. This thread is absolute proof of that.

2. The consumer in this case claims the policy was added AFTER he purchased the item and requested a return authorization. Now if true, (and we have no reason to question the OP's integrity especially since 3rd parties have confirmed his statement) that's the stuff that Matadors step in. Says a whole bunch about the manufacturer. Likely to be a violation of both state and federal commerce laws as well.

3. Now the manufacturer has changed the policy and their website lending credibility to the OPs position and confirming they will not guarantee your satisfaction upon arrival of your order. Well sometimes a product doesn't meet your needs as promised...it is not YOUR FAULT that the online purchase was a disappointment, you gave the company a shot at your business but for whatever reason, failed to meet the consumer's needs. You take it back. Common sense. Most online vendors do this. The product was just released! There's bound to be some who dislike it after holding it.

Now MF is free to handle such issues as they like but it is incredibly naive for them to attempt to compete with the big boys while envoking policies that demonstrate a small mindset. In marketing we refer to such things as "self sabotage". It is guaranteed to blow up on you. You gotta be some kinda freak to intentionally undermine your new venture like this. But a lot of people open a business with little or no experience and learn the hard way. Usually small mfrs who sell direct. Those who wholesale to dealers like Blackorvis or Camofire or Cabelas, Bass Pro and the like are likely to have a product return clause built into their contract.

Business marketing is and has always been my life.
MF is shooting themselves in the head with this policy.
200.gif

Last edited:
Aaron VanWoerkom, the company's Director of Marketing apparently just got out of college months ago and has an awful lot to learn about social media and marketing (based on a ten minute review of links associated with his name) and I'm certain he will come around and revise this policy sooner than later, just as i know he's a devoted Latter Day Saints missionary who loves his dad and believes Gordon Hayward (NBA) is a coward. (We agree on that Aaron). But Mr. VanWoerkom was probably born roughly 15 years after I began my career and hasn't had much opportunity to experience the business world's challenging and ever-changing landscape. As he matures and comes to understand EVERYTHING THE CONSUMER SEES, HEARS, TOUCHES AND READS about this company is MARKETING, he will learn to control those messages for the betterment of the company. It isn't necessary to blaze a new trail here, many outdoor companies provide stellar consumer care with 100% customer satisfaction and they get massive referral business in return. MF is a young company that will learn from it's mistakes because it has to. There is no alternative to being competitive. If you fail to be competitive your outcome is as inevitable as a gut shot deer...some will see your blood but once you're gone, you're gone and nobody will care or remember you after a while.

Last edited:
That was an awesome post Where's Bruce. I doubt a young company can survive long with poor word of mouth advertising.
DA