Truck tires

jmez

WKR
Yokahama Geolander is the best A/T tire I've used. Low noise, excellent durability and traction.

BFG KO2s. Expensive, yes. Tough, yes. Well worth the money and wear well. Not sure where you're at, but if you're in a state where people run studded snow tires for winter season and "normal" tires for summer, KO2s will prevent you from needing to buy that extra set and save you the hassle of changing tires out twice a year.

I have KO2's on my 2500 HD. They work well in the snow and ice and they hold up well. I drove over 700 miles a week last winter going between ID and OR and they made up and through everything with out issues. I am at 42k miles on mine and see no reason they won't make past 55k. I will definitely be getting another pair.

Agross

WKR
I put a set of cooper st maxx on my pickup this last time and love em. Have been a real good tire.

vanish

WKR
I'm using Hankook Dynapro AT/M. I've been super impressed with them especially for what they cost.

Same here on my F150. Great so far, we'll see on the longevity.

Correction: I have the MT

Last edited:

duchntr

WKR
Duratracs are a pretty great aggressive allterriain tire, and beat out the mtrs in every terrain but deep mud in my experience.. For something less aggressive the dynapro atm's or cooper at3's would be my pick.

Gr8bawana

WKR
My last 5 or 6 sets of truck tires have been BFG tires mostly in mud terrain and 1 set of all terrain. They are pricey but they are also very tough and never got a flat with them in over 30 years. It's hard to beat a 10 ply rating tire with 3 ply sidewalls.
My latest set of tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers which are also a 10 ply rating but only have a 2 ply sidewall. Only time will tell how good they are. I couldn't pass them up because they were a smoking deal. They did pretty well in the snow during a late season cow elk hunt.
They have about 11k miles on them now and still look like new.

0601161341-00.jpg

Btaylor

WKR
Running the nitto terra grappler too on a ram 1500. And have been very pleased so far. I'm around 40k on them and they should easily make 60+. tried the dynapro and will never buy another hankook tire.

I have roughly 46,000 miles on these tires and here's a picture of the average tread left.
dc1cd83f2b0a88bc273851116fffb9e7.jpg

335e6765218c0d25d957e90324891799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desertcj

WKR
Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ. I won't claim they are the best, but I've had them on two of my Jeeps and they have done right by me. I will probably put a set on my truck next year.

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Which tires are you all running for winter driving on snow? It seems like reviews are all over the place as to the Duratracs and Toyos. Trying to find a set for a Ram 2500. 285/17R/17. Not too many strictly "winter" rated tires available in that size.

cruzer17

FNG
Big Duratrac fan here also. Been running them since 2009 both on personal and our GOV work trucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
Which tires are you all running for winter driving on snow? It seems like reviews are all over the place as to the Duratracs and Toyos. Trying to find a set for a Ram 2500. 285/17R/17. Not too many strictly "winter" rated tires available in that size.

BFG AT KO2.

Buying two sets of tires is an antiquated paradigm. Buy one set for all year, i.e. KO2s.

Marshmstr

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running the Toyo R/Ts..
I really like them, they remind me of the duratracs, more aggressive that a A/T but less than M/T.....I recommend them to everyone.

I have had 2 sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've used them all over the country in all types of conditions and have been impressed. They last a good amount of miles as well. I'm at over 40K on the set I have now and have no doubts they'll make 60k or longer.