Truck tires

Bcole82

FNG
I went expensive on my first set with the Toyo Open Country MTs in 35x12.50. Second time around I bought some maxtrek mudtrac MTs and I love them, I think I got all 4 shipped for under $600. So far they have gotten me to areas 50-80 miles into NFS roads that I wouldn't trust to the average tire. Give them a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bz_711

WKR
Take a look at Firestone TransForce AT if you want a super tough 10 ply tire that resists rock punctures.
I ran mud tires for years on my Jeeps and Blazer...killed me going to all terrains on my suburban's but they truly have better traction than mud tires...except for deep mud (which is rare to encounter).

I just ordered another set of TransForce yesterday as my current ones have 65K of my miles on them, and had some miles on them when I purchased...and still have decent tread for highway, I'm must wanting replaced before I head to CO this month. I've never had a tire with so many miles on them and wear so evenly.

Worth a look IMO...for AT's they have decent tread and nice open lugs in center of tire for clearing rain/debris.

Take a look at Firestone TransForce AT if you want a super tough 10 ply tire that resists rock punctures.

I have these on a majority of my trucks for work. They are a fantastic workhorse of a tire for general all purpose. I have the BFG KO2's on my hunting rig, they wear well in 10ply..... I loved duratracs but they do make more noise on the road...

Run 10ply on everything, even 1/2 tons. I don't trust the gummy 6ply dealership tires.... save those for tar babies.

mtnkid85

WKR
You might look at the Maxxis Bighorns. We run them on several vehicles, though they've all been smaller tacoma/jeep sized and have been quite happy. They do well in the deep snow, ice they're on par with any other large lugged mt tire. I run them siped and they will even take studs if your so inclined.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
It is hard to beat the BFG KO2 for a tire that will do it all and last a long time.

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
Don't waste time and money on the look cool tires that everyone else runs. Get coopers. St Maxx for better road manners (as good as any lower traction a/t on road, but with better off road traction than most m/t). Stt pro if you want more traction in every type of condition/terrain than all but the most terrain specialized tires. Both will last at least 50k (with regular rotations) on a half ton, as well. And, they tend to be way cheaper, despite being way better, than all these m/t that everybody runs to look cool

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NorthT

FNG
Have a set of toyo ats extreme now, they are good in rain, road and are very quite but suck in any type of mud I have put them in. No snow here. Ran Kelly tsr for last 3 sets and preformed great. 60k on 1st 2 sets and 70 on the last. Look very similar to duratracs. Next set will be cooper st pro or the kellys. Would not recommend toyo at unless minimal off road is expected.

jdyerg

FNG
Falken Wild Peaks! 10 ply. Snow rated. Check Walmart prices. I have 10k on mine, and haven't noticed any tread loss yet. They look nice on my truck too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm running my 3rd set of nitto terra grapplers. I had a set on my F250 and I'm on my second set on my chevy 2500. I get the 10 ply tires and really like them.

I took a gamble on a relatively new tire, Falken WildPeak AT3W, a little over a year ago. I have 60k on them on a Duramax, and they'll easily make it to 100k. They are similarly aggressive as the DuraTrac, which I have also used. No question, when it's time for replacement, I'll be going with the same. $640 installed, but they have gone up just a little bit.

GregB

WKR
I have BFG AT KO2 on a Nissan Titan they have worked pretty well so far, I've only had them a few months. Previously I had Yokohama geolanders and they were terrible got cuts and chips after a couple backcountry trips. 10 ply is the way to go for any off road tire.

i had good luck with firestone destination all terrains on my tacoma. only 2wd but would take it up in the mounatin evry now and then chasing pigs and never had traction issues. werent super heavy to kill gas mileage or very loud

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
mostly highway with some gravel roads. hankook ATMs
mostly highway with ots of dirt and some crappy conditions. Greneral Grabber AT2. heard good things about cooper
Lots of mud or snow you are worried about. hankook DYnapro MT. seen lots of people run these tires and have run them myself. i can vouche ofr the MT and the AT2 in sloppy conditions. if you need more aggressive tires you shouldnt be on that road unless you are mud bogging

I rely on Toyo AT Open Country Xtremes...they come with a 50,000 mile warranty! They outlast all the other Toyos and work in many offroad environments.

IMG_1358.jpg

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I had great luck with the Duratracs on my half ton. I put a set on my 3/4 ton and had a very bad experience. I ended up having all 4 tires have tread separation under 40000 miles. I first noticed a slight vibration and had the tire store find the out of balance tire. All 4 times it ended up being a separated tire. I could clearly see the bulge in the tread pattern. Goodyear made it right by giving me a good chunk of change back on that set of duratracs. I will try them again if I get another half ton, but probably not again on the 3/4.

I replaced them with the Nitto ridge grapplers and I have been very happy with them. They are similar to the duratracs, in that, they are a cross between the mud terrain and the all terrain. Less road noise than the duratracs and the 35x12.50x18's are an F load rating.

fishslap

WKR
I run BFG AT KO2s on a Dodge Ram 1500 eco diesel and that's the best tire I've used. I ran hankook dynapros on a ram 2500 hemi and at higher speeds I would get sidewall flex. This was with no load. I also couldn't get them to balance and always had some vibration. Discount tire replaced them with BFG rugged terrains, which is a good tire but really just a more aggressive looking highway tread. I really wanted to like the hankooks but it didn't work out. I look at the Goodyear duratracs every time I'm at the tire shop and might give them a try eventually but for now the BFG ko2s win.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have cooper stt pro's. One of the best tires I have run. I have had nitto trail grapplers and bfg KO, but these new stt pro's have been the best. I would choose either them or KO2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk