Truck tires

Savage99

WKR
I have had very good luck running General Grabber AT (load rating E) on my Sierra 1500 and on my F-150 before that.

Another vote for these on my half ton. I had the toyo AT’s and failed to purchase the XT 10 ply’s. I let the tire guy talk me into a p-metric tire... never again. A retired geologist that worked out west recommended the grabbers when I moved to Colorado. Only 10k miles on them so far, but the still look brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
The Nitto Trail Grapplers on my Dodge Diesel have lasted longer than the other tires I have run on it. I think the rears are over 35k miles which I'm happy with as they kinda get abused! It is a ranch/hunting/exploring truck so the tires get some real torture testing.

Recently I put a set of Cooper ST Maxx on my Suburban with good results for the first 3000 or so miles. We got a lot of rain last week and the tire performed pretty good in mud and on wet pavement. Time will tell how well they handle 30 miles a day of high speed dirt roads and the occasional trip to town or the mountains. The internet reports I read keep calling this tire the best so I hope they are right!

My wifes Dodge diesel has worn Hankook Dynapro ATM's for a year or two. While I have no idea how many miles are on them right now its quite a few and they still looked good yesterday after a lot of dirt (caliche) road and Highway miles. They aren't very good in sticky mud but are pretty good in snow.

And on the mild end of tread are the Cooper HT3's on our new diesel. They seem to be in good shape for 35k miles with some towing but mostly highway miles. They are a good road tire and not a mud tire for sure.

The top of the line tires they are producing these days are getting pretty good wear even with more aggressive tread designs. There are quite a few that will serve you well as the previous posts have shown. My thought process when picking tires is to determine what is the most aggressive tread you will need to get the truck home from your planned adventures, then find the one in that tread and price range with the most positive reviews. It seems no tire has 100% positive reviews but some are a lot higher than others.

Aculous

FNG
I have always ran Nitto Terra Grapplers. Nitto makes an amazing tire. I have had cupping issues and weird inconsistencies with Toyos before but they have probably retooled in the last 3 years so it could be a whole different ball game. But I ran Nittos on 4 different trucks, a diesel F250, a dodge cummins and my gas chevy 1500s. No matter what they are great tires, also consistently put down 80K miles with the right rotation on 7500lbs trucks, freaking awesome.

I used to offroad a lot and I ran Interco TSLs and LTBs 39.5 and 42s they are ok I guess but heavy as shit...you better have a reason to run them.

Really Nitto has everyone beat as far as I am concerned, the BFGs are nice but expensive for the performance. I personally am planning on two different sets of tires, a summer and winter set on two sets of rims. It really makes a difference, Michelin tires are super nice for a AT tire for summer and then switch to a dedicated snow tire. But I am in Colorado so its based on weather of course.

99% sure toyo owns nitto and the tires are made in the same factory using the same rubber.

You're half right. Toyo Rubber in Japan owns several companies including Nitto however each has it's own engineering and design divisions and the composition of the various tires they make are all different. You see this in the price which is why the harder, longer lasting Toyo Xtremes cost more the others and why they come with a 50K warranty. It's like General Mills...they make several brands of cereal but each one is unique.