Should I stay home for now?

Ive got a Panhandle tag for Idaho and starting to wonder if I should stay home till something good happens? Was planning on unit 7.

Id hate to drive that far to not even be able to breath.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I was in 23, so pretty far south and west of 7. Smoke really hammered in on Sat. Bad visibility and prior breathing conditions. Add that to hot weather and full moon.....Im back in Boise where they tell me to stay in the house because it is so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsd16

WKR
Worse today than yesterday and you can only see one stoplight ahead in CDA on 95 so visibility is probably at 1/3 mi or something. I just moved here but lots of lifers at work say this is really bad.

I believe the smoke levels all depend on that days weather patterns. As of right now you won't see days where there is zero smoke in the valley but it can be tolerable to hike in. While other days are so nasty you can't see 500 yards or so in front of you. If you have some patience I'd wait, where I'm at in western Montana the smoke sucks right now and I'm also housebound most days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The entire area I hunt in NW MT is currently closed for fire. Buddy place that I stay at is evacuated and fighting to keep his cabin and house from burning.. Missing bow season is low on the totem pole of concerns right now.