whats that "ONE" hunt for you

I love to hunt. I couldn't imagine a year of not doing it. However, there's not a hunt out there that I would sell a bunch of my stuff or have my family make sacrifices for me to go on.

Congrats and good luck on your hunt. I can't wait to read about it and see the grip and grin pics.

I agree, I "could" afford almost ANY hunt, on planet Earth but, prefer to Back pack Hunt with, my Son and Grandson for, Elk ( LOVE the Meat ) and,.. LOVE Huntin' with,.. "MY BOYS" !!

BUT,. IF, I were just "Dreaming" a little, I'd love to Draw a Moose Tag here, in Idaho, again ( saw NO Bulls, last time I drew ! ) and use my Bow. 2nd Hunt, would be, in Arizona for Elk ! AGAIN,.. ALL with,.. My "Boys" !!! This year, Elk in south Idaho Desert country, when the Rut, starts,.. SOON !!

Jimbob

WKR
I think moose is one of the most exciting animals to hunt, huge body size and antlers, vocal in the rut, and great tasting. Couple that with the remote and wild places they call home and I think a fly in/river float/horseback in moose hunt in Alaska has to be one of the best hunts on the planet. Now I have not experienced many different hunts so I am just saying this based on my own reading of many different adventures. Although, I have hunted moose every year since I was kid and it will always be at the top of my list. No surprise that many people dream of moose in Alaska.

My dream came true this year though as my Family and I moved from Ontario to Northern BC. So in the next upcoming years I will be hunting black bear, mule deer, moose, mountain goat, stone sheep, mountain caribou and if I draw some tags grizzly and bison. So my one "hunt" can be summed up as "just becoming a resident in BC".

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
interesting that i dont have the sheep fetish that most do, i guess i always considered them too expensive,and darn near impossible to draw so i never have been that interested in them. I can afford mule deer, antelope and elk so i I guess a true "dream" hunt would be grizzly for me

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is the Ft Rich archery any bull moose tag, starts Sept 5th and goes through November but the last 2 1/2 weeks of September are the heart of the rut and when hunting is the most fun. This is one of my favorite hunts in Alaska and only the 2nd time I've drawn it, I'm headed out this coming weekend and can't wait.

bud

FNG
SHEEP! Dream hunt for me..... Handwerk we expect full report with pics. Take the time to snap a lot of pics. Good Luck!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I love shooting stuff, but for pure hunting fun there's no contest. I'll take an archery rutting elk hunt over pretty much everything. BUT.........as long as it didn't interfere with elk season, I'd love to hunt cape buffalo with a bow. And I'd also really like to shoot a Kudu. Big archery grizz would also be considered.

Man have I been lucky! Had an opportunity to arrow 19 North American species do-it-yourself and a half a dozen more with guides. It is all good! Go for something new....new species, new places, new challenges....it keeps you sharp and makes you a better hunter. Hard to choose what is best, probably what I am hunting at the moment. Good luck!

cnelk

WKR
I did mine last year

DIY Alaska Fly-in Moose hunt

DIY Alaska Moose Hunt 2016 and 60"+ Bull - YouTube

vs4TjiN.jpg

Stones sheep for me or a big dark bighorn out of the northern rockies.

If we're really dreaming some of the stories I've read about argali/marco polo sheep would be a dream come true but I have a wife and kids, decent job, and a nice little spread and would like to keep it that way.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
The true bucket lister for me would be some very unique international sheep hunt of some sort - Snow sheep in Russia or an Argali someplace. But I know that'll never happen. But I am constantly thinking about how to make that Dall sheep hunt happen before I get too old.

Boreal

WKR
Growing up in AK, have had lots of time in the remote parts of our state. Love every bit of it. Next year doing a northern Brooks Range Dall sheep hunt with my brother and cousin and his son. That's always been on the list. Once that is done, I'm thinking about archery elk in New Mexico.

AK fly in kill a grizz with longbow then raft down a stream until I get a moose with longbow, then fly fish for a week until the take out. With Eva Shockey while we're dreaming...