Rok Hard Soft Sided Cooler Showdown

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Travis the cooler man Bertrand is at it again. This time he is testing two soft sided coolers for on the go sportsman and women. (and maybe a soccer mom or two)

Check out Travis' latest cooler review here Rok Hard Soft Sided Cooler Showdown.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumman

WKR
Great review, I have been a holdout on these coolers so far. At that price point the Canyon seems like a great value. Travis how was the durability and stability of the base of the Canyon Cooler? My kids could turnover a pyramid, so curious how well it sits vertically to prevent spills in the vehicle etc. Also great pic of the kids and Yeti in the raft, which model raft was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Grumman,
Both coolers sit up well when full. The yeti a little better than the canyon.

The raft is a pr-49hd by pristine ventures. A little overkill for going to the lake with the fam but hey that's my style ;)

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome comparison, Travis. My kids got me a Hopper for Father’s Day a couple years ago, and that thing goes everywhere with me. Packs great in horse panniers, too.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome comparison, Travis. My kids got me a Hopper for Father’s Day a couple years ago, and that thing goes everywhere with me. Packs great in horse panniers, too.

Your kids are pretty awesome Matt! My kids usually give me used kleenex for Father's Day!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This article is going to cost me some money Travis. Every time I go to a sporting goods store now I have to go check out the soft coolers.

I didn't even know I needed one!

I have had the yeti hopper for a couple of years. I mainly use it for a beverage cooler on multi day raft trips. It is a good cooler for about 3 days. after that you have to add ice. Next year, I might have to try more ice and less beer in it. This summer I had 3 different week long raft trips. I do like the ease of use and the durability, the zipper is a good zipper, handles are strong, plenty of lash points for tying on the raft.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
The soft cooler was always an after thought for me until I owned one.

LOVE my Yeti Hopper!! Sometimes you don't realize how often you'll use something till you have it.
Thanks Travis for covering a cool product!

Grumman

WKR
Looks like the Canyon Cooler one just went up on their site for preorder. I’ve been waiting patiently..:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk