Wind River

Hey guys I got to see the new Wind River movie today. Jeremy Renner plays a fish and game officer who is helping solve a crime on an Indian reservation. He uses swaro binoculars all through the movie. I thought it was pretty good. Give it a watch if you get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
We saw it. Good show for sure.

The big question is, "Did the coyote in the opening scene really get smacked?"

I vote Yes.

OP
aclawrence
It did look like it. But those other yotes definitely wouldn't have been standing around after that first shot so i don't know.

Fatcamp

WKR
Good point. Hadn't thought of that. It happened so fast I would have to see it again to judge it better.

NDGuy

WKR
That movie was awesome. Wow tho really made you feel disgusted with what human's are capable of doing.

Renner's character was awesome, I need to get a 45-70 now lol

OP
aclawrence
Anybody catch what one of the deputies saw at the end? Right before shit hit the fan?

I think Jeremy saw the guy in the trailer through his scope and told the Indian police guy on the walkie talkie. Is that what your taking about?

my wife and I went the other night, best film I have seen in awhile, really well put together, the awareness part was so true at the end, there is a lot more awareness that could be told about our reservations here though, forgotten part of our country.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
So did the same thing happen to his daughter by the same guys? I think that's what they were alluding to but I didn't catch it for certain.

Awesome movie though. I love somber, laidback movies like that.

Btw, filmed in Utah. Lol.

NDGuy

WKR
So did the same thing happen to his daughter by the same guys? I think that's what they were alluding to but I didn't catch it for certain.

No, not the same group, they never found out who did it. That was part of the development for Renner's character. He didn't get revenge on the people who murdered his daughter, but did take vengeance on those POS guys who did it to someone else's daughter.

I loved they didn't spell everything out and told a nice story just using small dialogue, emotion and allusions.

wyosteve

WKR
If you liked Wind River, you should also check out the Longmire series available on NetFlix.

It was an awesome movie! I love the director and what he did with the film. You should check out his other movies too (Hell or High Water, Sicario, etc.). The acting was phenomenal and the movie felt so real. Made me really for the characters.